Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Wax for a few years now, and have found it to be a really good wax; they recently improved the forumla. I also use it to wax the black/grey plastics.

What wax have you guys found to be the best?

m

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5i Limited, Ice Silver/Black
2,602 Posts
I use Nu Finish every couple years, whether it needs it or not.

·
Super Moderator
2016 3.6 Limited with ES
3,037 Posts
I use their Ultimate liquid too and the results are fantastic however their Ultimate paste seems to be a tad better in terms of durability. I'd give the liquid a 4.6 and the paste a 4.8.

Both are excellent.

·
Registered
17 OB 2.5i
42 Posts
The Meguiars ultimate liquid wax (synthetic) is awesome.
You can do better on a high end carnauba wax, but it's gonna need a whole lot more effort and you have to be careful not to get it on the trim or apply in direct sunlight etc.

I'm considering buying the bulk detailing equivalent (Xpress Spray wax) so I can use it more frequently.

·
Registered
2015 Carbide Gray Outback 3.6R with EyeSight
176 Posts
I used Meguiars quick wax, but recently changed to Aero Cosmetics Waterless Car Wash Wax and am really happy with the results. To use, I just wipe off the dirt with a damp microfiber cloth, spray the wash/wax, and dry with a clean microfiber cloth. Takes 10-15 minutes to apply and lasts about the same as Meguiars. I use it every 2 to 4 weeks, depending on the weather.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
27,163 Posts
moved thread to the section that contains all such discussion.

·
Registered
2021 White Outback Touring
1,074 Posts
I use Mothers Brazilian Carnuba from Wally world -- It seems to last better than others I have used. After washing with minimal soap I go over with Meguires quick wax to add a top layer. This combo is lasting longer than anything else --I use it both on the Subaru as well as my very blue Tacoma
Yes it does take more work --but so far it has been worth it

·
Meh.
I has wagons.
12,377 Posts
Depends on my needs.

My vehicles live outside 24/7 so my priority is durability over gloss and shine. I most frequently use Nu-Finish liquid as it holds up for a long time.

For a nice deep gloss I like Meguiars NXT or Ultimate. That said, I have some cosmetic repairs planned for Mal in the spring so I'll claying, using Ultimate Compound, Ultimate Polish, and NXT(it's what I have on hand) to see what I can get out of this wrecked oxidized clear coat before the urge to rattlecan my car takes over.

Reactions: provels

·
Registered
2016 Outback Premium ; 2019 Outback Premium
130 Posts
I have been using Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Wax for a few years now, and have found it to be a really good wax; they recently improved the forumla. I also use it to wax the black/grey plastics.

What wax have you guys found to be the best?

m
3M 39030 Synthetic wax. Very easy to use and beads up for a very long time. I wax my car in the spring and late fall.

·
Registered
2017 Outback 3.6R Touring, Lapis
58 Posts
I used to be a detailing geek about 20 years ago. I had all the designer waxes and polishes. I have two Porter Cable polishers--one rotary and one dual-action. Now that I'm approaching 60 and I see that there are much easier alternatives to this detailing addiction, I've gone a different route. I still clay and polish the whole at least once a year and touch up areas that get light scratches here and there. But as far as waxes go, I've now gotten hooked on Meguiars synthetic spray wax. You can (and should) apply it right after washing when the car is still wet. Actually, I blow the excess water off first with a leaf blower and then dry with a microfiber towel. It provides a great shine and while it may not last as long as a good paste wax, it will certainly last until my next car wash. The shine is great and it leaves a nice slick finish that beads water as good as any wax. The best thing is that there is virtually no additional work associated with this. Just spray and dry my car as normal. You can it by the gallon on Amazon or from Autogeek for about $25 and I suspect it will last me for years. I know it sounds like the lazy way to wax your car but I found some you-tube videos from detailers that swear by it so don't knock it until you've tried it.

·
Registered
2020 OB 2.5 Limited
216 Posts
I have used Collonite in the past and many other waxes, but since getting my 17OB in January I have been using Mothers Synwax and F21 protection on the black....had tried waxing it but the F21 works better.....I park outside all day and wanted a synthetic to protect against acid rain and bird droppings that did in my Toyota paint. So far so good paint looks great

·
Super Moderator
2016 3.6 Limited with ES
3,037 Posts
Slight drift but for a vinyl or rubber protectant, I really like 303. I even use it as an ice cream topping.

·
Super Moderator
2016 3.6 Limited with ES
3,037 Posts
Chemical Guys black light, jet seal and butter wet wax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can definitely see that you're stockier in the bottom one. I've looked close and it's definitely the bottom one.

·
Registered
MY17 2.5i Limited
37 Posts
I can definitely see that you're stockier in the bottom one. I've looked close and it's definitely the bottom one.

6’-3” and 290lbs. I agree, a good 75+ needs to come off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.