Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
'18 Outback Touring Dark Blue Pearl 3.6r
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whatever happened to Carl Abrams? He was a pretty active member here and I haven't noticed him around for a while.

Reactions: SilverOnyx

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Lapis Blue
3,999 Posts
Hopefully it is nothing bad and just that he has other priorities these days. I think it was Carl that posted about some health issues a couple of years ago that had kept him away for a while. I hope this is just another temporary absence and we will see him again soon.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT, Abyss Blue Pearl (Mine) PP 2 , 2017 Ice Silver Outback Limited (Wife's)
91 Posts
Carl is still listed as a salesman at Hudiburg Subaru in Oklahoma City.

·
Registered
2019 2.5i Limited Forester (hers) (4th Subie), 2014 Impreza Premium (mine)(#5)
2,297 Posts
Simple. Covid happened.

We never closed, but we went on split / odd shifts, meaning 5 people doing the work of 10, especially on a Saturday. What makes it more fun is that other than the first month, we never experienced a slowdown in sales. Actually, we've been setting sales records. As much as I like everyone here, I do have to earn a living.

And I also had cubital AND carpal tunnel hit right when Covid started, so typing became VERY problematic when you can't use most of one hand. For three months. It literally took until two weeks ago that I could have the surgery to fix that, because of how things have been closed and backed up. I still don't have feeling in half of my left hand, but I can use the fingers without it hurting now.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Simple. Covid happened.

We never closed, but we went on split / odd shifts, meaning 5 people doing the work of 10, especially on a Saturday. What makes it more fun is that other than the first month, we never experienced a slowdown in sales. Actually, we've been setting sales records. As much as I like everyone here, I do have to earn a living.

And I also had cubital AND carpal tunnel hit right when Covid started, so typing became VERY problematic when you can't use most of one hand. For three months. It literally took until two weeks ago that I could have the surgery to fix that, because of how things have been closed and backed up. I still don't have feeling in half of my left hand, but I can use the fingers without it hurting now.
Good to hear you’re ok.... when people are slow in responding these days it’s not a big leap to think the worse.... carpal tunnel in no joke either.... time to consider voice to text.....👍

1 - 10 of 10 Posts