Subaru Outback Forums banner

What's Better deal, Costco or IMBA VIP?

14068 Views 12 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  GasGuzz
I am a Costco member and an IMBA member. The IMBA deal is 2% below invoice. Not sure about Costco, I have to drive about 30 miles to a dealer in Englewood CO to get the Costco price and I don't generally have time to do that. Anybody compared the 2 deals? Do either of these deals require you to pay destination charge, or other hidden fees? Do they include Subaru Financing (which is 1.9% now). Thanks.
1 - 2 of 13 Posts
I am a Costco member and an IMBA member. The IMBA deal is 2% below invoice. Not sure about Costco, I have to drive about 30 miles to a dealer in Englewood CO to get the Costco price and I don't generally have time to do that. Anybody compared the 2 deals? Do either of these deals require you to pay destination charge, or other hidden fees? Do they include Subaru Financing (which is 1.9% now). Thanks.
I believe Costco is $200 above invoice. That's what my Subaru dealer told me. I didn't bother with it because I negotiated my OB to $500 under invoice and the closest participating Costco dealership was over an hour away (as opposed to my dealer, which is 15 minutes away).
Ditto per the Radar on the 2010 default, as we’re buying an 011 on year 010.

And that’s not to say you ‘accept’ their quote/offer right there, there’s still room back and forth negotiating. You’re spreadsheet will tell you the ‘truth’.
Exactly. I got $200 below the "best price" guarantee from truecar.com. I probably could have done better if I shopped around more, but who knows. I just spoke w/ my dealer who said the 1.9% is only for 36 months. Then it goes up to 2.9%.
1 - 2 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.