Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 270 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Green OBW (Maia)
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It took me a few days to figure out the name of my green 2000 outback, but after much contemplation, I finally decided upon Maia.

Why Maia? Maia is the name of the oldest Pleiades. Subaru is the Japanese word for the Pleiades constellation, and seeing as how this is probably the oldest Subaru I'll ever own, Maia fit perfect.

My last car, a 2005 Sonoma Sunset red Nissan Altima, I named Phyllis. No logic, just that it seemed to fit the car.

So let's hear it. What have you guys named your Outbacks?

·
Registered
Betty: White '18 OB 3.6R Ltd, Moonroof, Nav, Eyesight. Barbie III: 2015 OB 3.6R Ltd, Moonroof, Nav, Eyesight, Red/Ivory
157 Posts
Barbie!

From Outback>Australia>Shrimp on the...

(No offense intended for any Ausie readers out there!)

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited
951 Posts
:whatever: Seriously?

Reactions: Dantrax

·
Registered
2010 2.5i PZEV Premium, crystal black, H/K, Moonroof
176 Posts
I originally decided on Doctor Bogenbroom, which I thought it should have a title - previous cars were Uncle Cletus and Cousin Ed. Doctor seemed like a good way to go.

However, shortly after that I went on a trip with the family. I've always joked about my ability to foul things up the way Clark Grizwald does in the National Lampoon's Vacation movies. During the trip I told my wife that "now I've even got a station wagon!" So I started calling the car Clark. Which will probably stick.

·
Registered
2000 Green OBW (Maia)
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hahaha, nice. My best friend and I always name our cars with some random girl's name-but never after a girl we know. He used to have a black 96 Cougar that he called Holly but he wrecked it and got a red 96 Thunderbird. The bird is giving him all sorts of problems (bent valves, cracked firewall, rough idle, etc) so he calls it the Red Curse.

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,307 Posts
Kaylee. The car is the two tone silver and gold, and the silver has a bit of sparkle to it. First thing I said when I went to look at it was "Shiny"

Which made me think of, "Everything's shiny Captain!"

·
Registered
2010 Subaru Outback 3.6R Premium
1,104 Posts
Subrina. I usually try to go with some sort of play on the name or the letters in the name. That was the first thing to come to mind.

·
Registered
Black 2005 XT LTD OBW 5EAT & Cypress Green Pearl 2011 2.5i MT
70 Posts
From the owner of a Black 2005 XT Ltd.

Blackie Lawless, lol.

·
Registered
2000 Green OBW (Maia)
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kaylee. The car is the two tone silver and gold, and the silver has a bit of sparkle to it. First thing I said when I went to look at it was "Shiny"

Which made me think of, "Everything's shiny Captain!"
Very nice. I actually thought of using Inara but I wasn't feeling it.

·
Registered
2005 Outback LL Bean 3.0L Blue/Silver... Tinted windows.
28 Posts
I have a few names for mine, one for each season or situation i guess.. lezsled, snowcat, suby, unstoppable moabbing machine, (UMM).

·
Registered
2001 Outback L.L.Bean wagon. H6/Automatic. Dark red metallic w/gold. Pretty much fully loaded
3 Posts
We started calling ours the Lesbo-A-Go-Go-Mobile, but that seemed too wordy, so now we call her Amy. All our cars are named, my '86 Eagle wagon is Erma, and my '57 DeSoto wagon is Virgil...

CaptCarl

·
Registered
96 legacy outback bone stock. need to change that
85 Posts
i have 2 kids so my civic hatch wasnt working anymore so my father in law gave me the outback. its easier to get the kids in and out so thus the screenname and name for the car daddywagon.

·
Registered
05' OB 2.5i
1,042 Posts
Bikemobile..... I took my road bike to the subaru dealer in the back of my wifes old 2001 chevy blazer (traded in that day) and tried to put it in the back of the then brand new 2008 impreza hatch. (Went there looking for a new Impreza.) No go with both wheels on. Walked by a CPO silver 05 Outback popped the hatch, dropped the backseats and my road bike practically jumped right in. Drove it and was sold hands down over the impreza. I have roof racks now but its nice to know I can lock a bike inside out of the weather.

My wife calls it the bikemobile because she says (nicely and in a ribbing way to get me to ride more) that my mountain bike gets more miles on the roof than on the dirt. haha

·
Registered
2009 Subaru Outback 3.0R 2004 Subaru Outback 2.5 Sedan
119 Posts
Wow, and I thought we were a little strange. Glad I have some company. Well my wife calls the 09 wagon "big Subie" and the 04 sedan "Little Subie dubie". :eek: :gasp: We never had a pet name for any car before these two. But we can't say, lets take the "Soob" anymore.

·
Registered
1999 AND 1998 Outbacks, 1985 CJ7
15 Posts
Mine's named Scarlett, because it's Red over Silver painted, and is mysterious in her moods. My wife's Outback is called Scooby.

Mine's also known as "the Evil Red Scooby", since it's a near-twin to my wife's car....the evil twin, that is :)

1 - 20 of 270 Posts