Subaru Outback Forums banner

How Old Are You? (hidden poll,...so feel free to tell the truth).

• 16-20

Votes: 20 1.1%
  • 21-30

Votes: 153 8.7%
  • 31-40

Votes: 373 21.3%
  • 41-50

Votes: 296 16.9%
  • 51-60

Votes: 374 21.4%
  • 61-70

Votes: 359 20.5%
  • 71-80

Votes: 149 8.5%
  • 81-90

Votes: 23 1.3%
  • 91-plus

Votes: 3 0.2%

What's the age of Outback owners on this forum?

86K views 387 replies 280 participants last post by  SubiJeffrey 
#1 ·
You always read about Subarus demographics but I just kind of wanted to see what kind of age ranges we have posting here

I'm 28.

#3 ·
I bought my first at age 36 (I think it was) but I’m now late 46.

In Indiana they just weren’t nearly as common as this area, is part of it.

Also, needs/desires change over time. My first car I had was much larger than anything Subaru has sold in the US, the next one also large (only a few months) then I went to a Saturn SC2, then a Saturn SL2, then a 2007 Subaru Legacy, and now a 2018 Outback.

This car doesn’t corner anywhere near as well as my first Saturn, but my first Saturn sucked for trying to move much, including people, in comfort. The front seat was good for comfort, but the backseat was only truly suitable for amputee children. Oddly enough, the Outback isn’t rated for much heavier of a load rating (93 Saturn SC2 was rated for 880 pounds, IIRC, perhaps it was 840). At lower highway speeds the SC2 could get much better mileage. At 80 mph, the 2007 Legacy 2.5i got notably better mileage than the SC2 at the same speed, which was remarkable to me, being a larger, heavier and less aerodynamic car with AWD.

Since you were curious as to the age of owners, I figured you’d be fascinated to better understand why, beyond age: age is a relative thing.

#328 ·
Pre Subaru, my previous cars were Saturn SL2. They owed me nothing. Put some mileage on them. Since I live in NYC and the car had to be parked on the street, I didn't want anything fancy & as it was, they tried to steal it twice. Thanks to the cut off switch, they couldn't get it started, but did break my steering column & back window.

#6 ·
Just Below 50

I am crushing 50.

I have 2 of the most irresponsible Outbacks ever produced. They are both modified to boot. I luv my current crises.

I am often mistaken for being much younger. I just say it's because I am am immature. And I stay out of the sun also. At mile high, that helps.

#10 ·
First Subaru at 29, ten years later I still have 2-4. Haven’t purchased new, not sure if I ever will. I may lease one in the next year or so, if the wife and I can decide on something we both like. Maybe I’ll just buy a motorcycle.

#17 ·
where is that from?

does not help if the members don't fill out age in their profile here...or update it as they age. (I know I never did,...ever).

___

I guess one can vote and then have a birthday in the poll above and need to change a vote.

(just a fast and easy poll,...not well thought out).

#12 ·
I'm 41, this is my first Subaru. I have been a Mustang guy most of my life having owned 2 4 eyed foxbodies and a pair of New Edges. I loved modding them with go fast goodies. I also loved my 3 Explorers because they got me anywhere I needed to be at any time I needed to be there. My best friend has a 2017 WRX Sti and I got curious, so here I am.

#15 ·
To give everyone an idea of where I am coming from

My first car was a 2006 Nissan Sentra, back in 2008, fast forward through my college years, get my first good job, and buy a semi quick car(Camaro SS). Spend the next two years putting bolt on mods on it, take it to the drag strip a bunch, and rip through 3 sets of back tires. Got married, settled down, had a kid, and needed something that could handle a rear facing baby seat comfortably.

I live in the Appalachian mountain range, so I felt more comfortable with my wife and child in something AWD. As I did research, there was really no reason to not buy the OG of AWD systems, so I did my research on Subarus, and here I am!

There are plenty of "all wheel drive" systems, but as I scourged youtube for comparison tests there was always one standing way above the rest. It also helps that Subarus are honestly very well priced for the equipment they offer. I know it's not a Mercedes on the inside but it's hands down the nicest car I've ever driven when it comes to amenities and comfort. So much so that my wife, who is a hardcore Honda only person, says she'd keep the Outback unless we traded into another Outback/Ascent.

So, we're pretty sold on the vehicle so far.

#18 ·
Older than the forum average....

Younger than what my birth certificate says.....

Old enough that I ought to know better than to pursue some of the outdoor activities I’m involved in....

And of course needing my Outback to enable me to pursue them, given the places we need to access!

#19 ·
I am so old that I remember that what we are burning for fuel today was plants.

I found my childhood home in the fossil record.

#24 ·
astronauts wear diapers. ....and chevy use to give them free corvettes. (like two things that go together)

Reactions: Tishers
#29 ·
54. Recently retired from master's bicycle racing (road), and have been getting into gravel biking in the mountains. Fell in love with the backwoods north Georgia, and got an outback so I can share the adventure with my wife. Before this, we've had practical family vehicles like a minivan, which doubled as a great bike hauler. However, I've been wanting an Outback for at least 10 years... ! You see tons of these at races, for a good reason.

#33 ·
81. First Outback ten months ago. Pleased with my choice. Looks like I’m the age champ on this thread so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If you look at the poll at the top you will see there is 1 person between 81 & 90. You must not have clicked on that group as that one person is me (83). I've been waiting to see if I would be joined by anyone in that group. Welcome. :)

#46 ·
I’ll be 36 in July. Owned a couple of Toyota Corollas before that due to economics and those cars refusing to die. My last one got obliterated by someone ignoring a stop sign and I finally got to pick something that fit my lifestyle a bit more accurately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk