Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2013 Subaru Outback. Can anyone suggest the best device to hold a cell phone so its visible while driving? I'd like to use it for nav and or audiobook listening. It doesn't look like a suction mount will stick to the surface in front of the windshield, and I don't want to block an air inlet with a holder that attached that way. Any good suggestions? A link to a product or information would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2016 Outback 2.5
614 Posts
PROCLIP makes some great mounts. I have mine attached to the top of the dash above the radio. The dash is different on a 2013 so I'm not sure what's available for your model.

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 2.0 T AWD
507 Posts

·
Registered
2010 White cvt 2.5 Limited with moonroof
83 Posts
SCOSCHE magnetic mount

Cell Phone Holder and Tablet Mount | MagicMount by Scosche

I got mine from Costco. The magnet is powerful. It does the job of holding the phone in place. The way I installed it, it does not block a vent or view and I can still have access to the small dash compartment. Oh it also functions as a hat hanger.LOL. It's a little bit expensive but IMO, it's worth the price.
Just an addition info- I also bought a BT device to hookup the phone navi and pandora radio wirelessly. The car actually can connect to two bt devices at the same time. I can stream music and listen to the navi through the aux via bt device! I do not lose phone bt function even when navi and pandora is on. Awesome.

Attachments

·
Registered
22,835 Posts
I like the cheap vent mounts. They work and no gluing or sticking to the dash. When are auto makers going to add a go pro style mount to their dash?

·
Registered
'13 2.5 Premium
2,411 Posts
KM is that the new National Parks Selfie Stick?
'zactly. Maintains the correct portrait orientation and leaves your hands free so you can record that bear that's chasing you after you tried to pet her cubs.

Plus, when using it for in-car nav, it truly is a HUD.

·
Registered
17' Outback Touring 3.6R
279 Posts
I'm biased since I resell for ProClip. And no gluing, screwing or removal of dash pieces. I've had that cradle for about a decade plus. Has lasted for multiple phones. Only needed to buy a new dash mount when switching cars.

I'd prefer them to design one that clipped in to the right of the infotainment unit, but I guess they just aren't that creative. I'd like to see one that clips to the top and side right. Horizontal clip on top and vertical one on the right. It is a reach to touch the phone, but it's up higher than the Panavise one that requires you to pop out the dash trim and screw in.

And yes, that's an allroad in front of me.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts