Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Subaru Outback LL Bean
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title states, I'm looking for part numbers (or replacements/suggestions on how to get a good seal) for the seals that go on a spoiler.

I scored a spoiler, but the seals are ripped/dry rotted. I've included a couple pictures to show exactly what I'm talking about.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
2000 Outback Limited sedan 2.5 At,2001 Outback LL Bean 3.0 AT
102 Posts
You could use door weatherstripping from a home door seal kit.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You could use door weatherstripping from a home door seal kit.
I've dealt with the leaking rear tail lense, and have read about people trying to replace the original seals (because they're no longer produced) with weatherstripping without success. My concern is that weatherstripping wouldn't work for this application either, and I'd end up with some significant leaks.

·
Premium Member
2018 2.5i Limited; "Wanderlust II"
424 Posts
I replaced the OEM seals on the spoiler I bought here with some sheet rubber I bought from McMaster-Carr. It worked quite nicely. I also sealed the bolts & bolt holes with some silicone RVT before tightening them up. No leaks!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I replaced the OEM seals on the spoiler I bought here with some sheet rubber I bought from McMaster-Carr. It worked quite nicely. I also sealed the bolts & bolt holes with some silicone RVT before tightening them up. No leaks!
Good idea! I'll have to look into this. Do you have a link for the exact stuff you purchased?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts