Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2018 White Outback Touring 2.5i
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the torque setting of the 2018 2.5i engine oil drain plug?

·
Registered
31 Posts
What's the general consensus regarding replacement of the oil drain plug crush washer? I need to do an oil change on our OB and cannot find this washer anywhere. I tried Advance, Auto Zone, NAPA and Amazon. No one has it for the 2018 yet. I know I can get one from the dealership but I'd rather not pay $10 for a $2 part.

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Lapis Blue
4,301 Posts
What's the general consensus regarding replacement of the oil drain plug crush washer? I need to do an oil change on our OB and cannot find this washer anywhere. I tried Advance, Auto Zone, NAPA and Amazon. No one has it for the 2018 yet. I know I can get one from the dealership but I'd rather not pay $10 for a $2 part.
No big deal. Napa can probably get you a good deal on a rebuilt long block if all the oil leaks out while you are driving.

·
Super Moderator
2016 3.6 Limited with ES
2,716 Posts
I'm not that guy and I torqued it to 30 lbs. when I used a crush washer to install the Fumoto. Two years later I'm still motoring down the road leak free with easy and nearly mess free oil changes.

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
6,359 Posts
What's the general consensus regarding replacement of the oil drain plug crush washer?
If you don't overtorque it will still seal well when re-torqued, for a while. Try changing it every 2nd or 3rd oil change, or whenever it looks pretty flattened. And really, it won't be a catastrophic engine loss if it leaks; it will be very slow and deliberate leak, and you'll see it on the garage floor.

I need to do an oil change on our OB and cannot find this washer anywhere. I tried Advance, Auto Zone, NAPA and Amazon. No one has it for the 2018 yet. I know I can get one from the dealership but I'd rather not pay $10 for a $2 part.
11126AA000 is 10 for $8.99, here. This is supposed to fit 2018:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078WKNTBN/ref=ox_sc_mini_detail?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A28LTSBHZBR2X8

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey man thanks for that info! This is my first Subaru. I've heard in the past that they can be a little odd in some ways so I want to make sure I'm using the best possible practices to maintain it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts