• 70 or older

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
SubaruOutback.org Founder
4,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So whats everyone's age in here? You don't have to say it specifically, but you can still vote and no one will know:D

·
Tokyo's between my toes
6,696 Posts
45 years old and eating habaneros for breakfast.

Now, someone please help me lift my personal mobility scooter into my Outback...

·
Registered
172 Posts
habaneros? What the...... You'll have to excuse my ignorance, but what the **** is/are habaneros? I'm from Australia and it sounds Mexican, yes?:1:

Anyways, I am 43 in March. Ouch. Married and 3 kids, 16.5y (boy) and 2 girls 14y and 13.5y and actually a 4th child, a Dalmatian.

It would appear that The Lizard and I are the elder statesmen here.

·
Superb Moderator, ,
6,194 Posts
Habeneros are one of the hottest peppers in the world, you know like jalepeno? And I mean fargen hot. I tasted a couple seeds once (yes,seeds only) and it felt hot for over an hour. Brian:1:

·
4,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
subah6 said:
habaneros? What the...... You'll have to excuse my ignorance, but what the **** is/are habaneros? I'm from Australia and it sounds Mexican, yes?:1:

Anyways, I am 43 in March. Ouch. Married and 3 kids, 16.5y (boy) and 2 girls 14y and 13.5y and actually a 4th child, a Dalmatian.

It would appear that The Lizard and I are the elder statesmen here.
Jeez Lance, your in for trouble with all those teenage kids you have! Well Aussie teens might not be as wild as the average American punk teen, still you're in for a lot of trouble with all your kids at those ages :4:

·
Tokyo's between my toes
6,696 Posts
Married and 3 kids, 16.5y (boy)
Wow, I didn't know they had metric kids in OZ *G*

Yes, habaneros are among the hottest peppers, although some people say other types like Tepin are hotter. I know a man who grows red habaneros commercially (Jim Campbell, of Mild to Wild) - he is generous enough to open his field to harvest by fellow Chile-Heads.

I make my own hot pepper sauces, also dry some and smoke some.

As for the name "habanero" it means someone (or something) from Havana. But the strange thing is, the Cuban cuisine doesn't have that much hot pepper in it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Habeneros are one of the hottest peppers in the world, you know like jalepeno? And I mean fargen hot. I tasted a couple seeds once (yes,seeds only) and it felt hot for over an hour. Brian
Ah, yes, I am familiar with Jalapenos. They use those here in Mexican dishes and chilli dips etc. and I quite like them. I don't think I'll go for the habaneros if they are hotter, though, as I think the Jalapenos are hot enough.

Jeez Lance, your in for trouble with all those teenage kids you have! Well Aussie teens might not be as wild as the average American punk teen, still you're in for a lot of trouble with all your kids at those ages
I know what you mean, but my kids SO FAR are good kids. No trouble what so ever. None have got to that wild stage yet that they go through, but, as we know some go more wild than others.

My eldest boy is just learning to drive. I have been taking him in the new Outback as it's an auto, just to get him used to driving without having to change gears in a manual. We will then get him to drive our Hyundai, which is a manual, so as he knows how to drive one. Here in NSW (a state of Oz) if you get your license on an auto then you can't drive a manual. You have to get your license in a manual to be able to drive both auto and manual.

Anyway, once he gets his license, thats when the real worries start. I don't know what its like in the States, but here the under 21yo make up 8% of drivers but account for 30% of road fatalities. Don't quote me on the exact figures but it's something like that. Having said that, he's a sensible kid, so I hope he he'll be ok.

also dry some and smoke some
Smoke them? Do you mean like tobacco smoke them? Or like salmon smoke them?:eek:

·
4,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
subah6 said:
My eldest boy is just learning to drive. I have been taking him in the new Outback as it's an auto, just to get him used to driving without having to change gears in a manual. We will then get him to drive our Hyundai, which is a manual, so as he knows how to drive one. Here in NSW (a state of Oz) if you get your license on an auto then you can't drive a manual. You have to get your license in a manual to be able to drive both auto and manual.
Jeez, I wish I could have driven an Outback or a nice car period when I learned how to drive. I learned on my mom's '95 POS Dodge Neon 5-speed and also tested with the car to get my license. Learning on a stick is the best way to learn how to drive, period. Thats interesting about testing with the different transmissions, Lance if you test with an auto how long is it before you can drive a stick?

·
Superb Moderator, ,
6,194 Posts
Kevin, your funny. My driving lessons were in a '66 Volkswagen bug with a four speed manual. Good luck getting heat in the winter, washer fluid ran off spare tire pressure...Then, then, I get my first real car. 1973 Chevy Malibu. 2dr, 350, rust, bench seat, yeah that bench seat was cool...Brian

·
Registered
50 Posts
They say 40 is the old age of youth, and 50 is the youth of old age.

I'm in transition - 42. Don't feel that old, except when I try to party like I was 21 again.

Yeah, then I notice it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Cao Cao,

I'm not sure when you can go for your stick license after you've got your auto license. You may have to wait 3 months but I'm not sure.

bheinz57,

I learnt on a 63 beetle. It was a heap, but good fun. Never had to worry about body work and paint job like I do with my new Outback. I don't like to go to shopping centres unless I can park next to a wall or have an expensive car either side of me. My wifes car has so many door dings its not funny. It really pisses me off that people don't look after other's cars or supervise their children when exiting the car. I was very particular with my kids when getting out of the car to make sure they didn't hit the car next to us and they never did hit anyones car!

My next car was a beetle Superbug. This was a great car and much underated.

·
Tokyo's between my toes
6,696 Posts
My wifes car has so many door dings its not funny
My other half is a preschool teacher. When she would run my OB, she would arrive at the school first and leave it parked in front. Later, vans full of children would arrive ... I have many dings as a result, including an exquisite matched pair of identical monster dings on the rear passenger door.

·
Registered
20 Posts
im 20:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: and woow a lot of older man.:p

·
4,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
forcedairtech said:
im 20:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: and woow a lot of older man.:p
Yea, you and I are probably the only guys 21 and younger that have good taste and understand what real quality is in a car ;) :D

·
Super Moderator
6,009 Posts
I'm a big fat 24.

Forcedair & Hero...you kids (ha!) are **** lucky to be driving such fantastic vehicles at that age.

I was still driving a 1990 Dodge Shadow when I was 21. Then I drove it from Rochester down to Philly and I blew the head gasket in the middle of I-76 doing about 80mph. That poor American automobile never stood a chance.

I was sad to see "the weezermobile" go, but, it opened the door for the purchase of my first subaru...a beautiful '94 Legacy Wagon, dubbed "the weezerwagon." That survived until an 85 year old grandma T-Boned me. :( As much as I love my current '97 OBW, that Legacy was an awesome car.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hero Boots said:

Yea, you and I are probably the only guys 21 and younger that have good taste and understand what real quality is in a car ;) :D
thank you:p

1 - 20 of 77 Posts