Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
OBS Obsessed, ,
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are beer drinker, please share your beer of choice.

Mine is a local brewer Old Dominion Ale. I also brew my own so whatever is in the bottle is usually a favorite too. ;) I am starting a Wheat beer this weekend if I have time.

·
Administrator
4,271 Posts
BlueRidgeImprezas said:
Ah yes. :) And I need to add Guinness to my list.
Guys first off, I'm ashamed that I didn't start a thread like this the first day the site opened :D

And Guinness is by far my favorite brew, I'm Irish so it would be sacreligious for me to like anything else more than the "Black Pelican Beer."

Some others I like are Colt 45, Old English, Miller products (didn't guess that one huh? :p), Budwieser products, and a few others. I'll think of some more later ;)

·
Superb Moderator, ,
6,194 Posts
hvlwnc, me too:D . Most any beer I will try, minus some triple bock wine tasting like crap. And Guiness sucks! Anyway, my usual is Bud Light, but over a year period my fridge will see.....

Bud Light Ice
Boulevard Pale Ale
Fosters Lager
Molsen Ice
Labatts Blue
Moosehead
Sapporo
Lienenkrugel's (sp) various

And maybe some others. Brian

Me like BEER;)

·
Tokyo's between my toes
6,696 Posts
My current faves are from the microbrewery Barley's here in Columbus. But these days you can pretty much expect to find excellent craft brews locally produced in just about any major town

Support your local brewers!

·
Registered
352 Posts
I typically go for microbrews if I'm out at a restaraunt and they're available. If I'm just bringing a six pack home I usually reach for Killians or Labatt Blue. In fact, I have Labatt in the fridge now... :7:

·
I need a fog horn, ,
213 Posts
Celebrator Doppelbock. Best. Beer. Ever.

Highland Brewing Co in Asheville makes a Black Mocha Stout which is a glorious dark beer- definately liquid chocolate.

Guinness is always good, as is Murphy's and Sam Smith's

I had a really good dark ale called Turbo Dog at a Cajun place recently, really works to calm the fire of the food.

Last one- There's a Mexican restaurant (that's run by a Chilean) they will sell you a 32 oz. draught of Dos Equis Amber for 3.25. In this case quantity does beat quality

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
hvlwnc said:

Last one- There's a Mexican restaurant (that's run by a Chilean) they will sell you a 32 oz. draught of Dos Equis Amber for 3.25. In this case quantity does beat quality
Is that so you can say "But I've only had ONE beer officer"??

I agree Guiness is very good and I've always liked Heineken, but best one I can remember having (sometimes forgetful after TOO much of a good thing) was called Indian Head lager and made in a local microbrewery

:D

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yuengling is what I can afford these days. I like Guinness and Becks, too on occasion.

Before Yuengling, I bought J.W. Dundee Honey Brown all the time, but BJ's doesn't carry it anymore....:(

Good stuff, tho.

edit: WooooooHoooooooo......I am a colonel now..:disco: :banana:

·
Administrator
4,271 Posts
Well I've recently switched from Bud products to Coors, ever since I went to the Pikes Peak rally I've been hooked on the Rocky Mountain beer. They sell that stuff soo darn cheap in Colorado, well yea the brewery is just a few miles from anywhere. I despise Coors Light though, mainly because thats my father's favorite beer :p Coors Original and Aspen are now my two steady American beerz.

"Taste that Rocky Mountain freshness!" :7:

·
Tokyo's between my toes
6,696 Posts
tbert said:
Yuengling
I love their Porter, but I haven't seen their products for sale in central Ohio for many years.

And sure I quoted your post, you think I'm going to take a try at spelling that name right?

·
Tokyo's between my toes
6,696 Posts
Germans ridicule "American lawn-mowing beers" - but you know, after pushing a mower, a beer like that can be good...

Well it ain't really beer
'cause it says right here
they make it from a cereal grain.

But I don't think twice
I like that rice
Don't ya think the boy's insane?
Ain't it strange?

I know, it's only Rolling Rock
but I like it

·
Superb Moderator, ,
6,194 Posts
I'm having a Molsen Ice as I write this. And Chinese being delivered after the wife gets home from work...Nice way for me to wind down after a tough week at work. Cheers. Brian

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm kinda ADHD when it comes to beer selection... the staple is LaBatt Blue/light but right now my empty collection (5c deposit in VT) includes Bass and several excellent VT microbrews (Long Trail, Otter Creek, Trout River)... when I'm traveling and it's available, I grab a Yuengling; but I think my all-time favorite on tap has to be Newcastle Brown. A little too dark and/or fruity for some, but it's like liquid candy to me :7:

Safe motoring,
-Peter

·
Registered
151 Posts
and not to post-*****, but while we're on this topic... I think that Mazda could have named their "Lapis Blue" color (the color of my Mazda 6) "Labatt Blue" - check out this picture of a Blue Light can on my rear bumper and tell me it isn't perfectly at home, the varying blue shades on the can matching the faux "color shifting" effect of the lapis blue at different angles:

some of the Mazda guys got a kick out of that.....

-Peter

·
Registered
181 Posts
The_Lizard said:

I love their Porter, but I haven't seen their products for sale in central Ohio for many years.

And sure I quoted your post, you think I'm going to take a try at spelling that name right?
Hey what makes you think I speellleed it correctly???;)

·
Administrator
4,271 Posts
PTinVT said:
and not to post-*****, but while we're on this topic... I think that Mazda could have named their "Lapis Blue" color (the color of my Mazda 6) "Labatt Blue" - check out this picture of a Blue Light can on my rear bumper and tell me it isn't perfectly at home, the varying blue shades on the can matching the faux "color shifting" effect of the lapis blue at different angles:

some of the Mazda guys got a kick out of that.....

-Peter
Ugh Peter... you and all your refernces to Mazda in whatever form... :p :D

Although that one is rather uncanny, no pun intended :7:

1 - 20 of 109 Posts
About this Discussion
108 Replies
60 Participants
tranks
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing