Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Outback Wagon
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which outback generation or year is your favorite? Maybe it's the one you want or the one in your driveway now.

For me its the 2001 h4 it still had some of the rough edges left over from the 90s that make it fun and easy to mod.

But then there's the 98 legacy outback and the 03 L.L. Bean h6.... hmmmm :confused:

So what's yours

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,526 Posts
I want a turbo-diesel Subaru! But I am happy with what I have in my driveway...for now....

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5 i Premium
474 Posts
Even though I love my gen4, I've always had a thing for the rather sexy gen3.

·
Registered
2006 2.5i
95 Posts
3rd gen 05-07. 4th gen looks too minivanish and I don't like the chrome grill wings of the later 3rd gens. Hence my 06...

·
Registered
'11 Outback 2.5i CVT - '06 Forester X 5MT
1,765 Posts
I prefer the Gen4 Outback, but that's because I like the bigger beefier OB.

Now the Gen 3 LEGACY WAGON, would top my list for what it is, a low sitting sleek wagon.

·
Registered
2003 LL Bean 120k
135 Posts
I like the body style of the 2nd gen the best, but in all reality i would drive any of them, i have a soft spot for green and LL Bean and a 5 spd, but my better half said she had shifted her last DD, so i had to settle for an auto this time.

Dar

·
Registered
2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long Box
2,893 Posts
2008-2009

I think they're the best looking, they're the last years available with the turbo 4, last years of the enormous sunroof, last years that they look more like a wagon than a crossover, still have the gorgeous electroluminescent gauges that power on self test (the 3.0R and XT anyway), etc.

Maybe I'm slightly biased! I wanted an 08-09 when I bought my 2004, but couldn't afford one. I just recently got my 2008 and absolutely love it.

·
Registered
2005 Outback XT
76 Posts
2008-2009

I think they're the best looking, they're the last years available with the turbo 4, last years of the enormous sunroof, last years that they look more like a wagon than a crossover, still have the gorgeous electroluminescent gauges that power on self test (the 3.0R and XT anyway), etc.

Maybe I'm slightly biased! I wanted an 08-09 when I bought my 2004, but couldn't afford one. I just recently got my 2008 and absolutely love it.
I am a little torn between the 08-09 and my 2005. Very little difference, thus my problem.

·
Registered
2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long Box
2,893 Posts
I am a little torn between the 08-09 and my 2005. Very little difference, thus my problem.
The '08 got some nice stuff (a few of these things came in the '07 as well): Integrated key and remote, auxiliary input/MP3 CD capability on the stereo, electroluminescent gauges (on XT and 3.0R), redesigned front grille, VDC was standard, nicer steering wheel (telescope/tilt, push button for audio/SI Drive/cruise control, my 2008 wheel was designed by Momo, it actually has Momo etched into the leather), etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts