Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2001 H6 OBW LL Bean
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking around here for awhile now and have made it to a point I can't find the answer. So here it is, yet another will these tires fit thread...

I recently bought a 2001 H6 OBW LL bean with an almost bald set of tires. This is my 'Dad' car, I drive it 2 miles a day dropping the kids off at school.
Looking to save a few bucks and maybe gain a little extra style I'm shopping craigslist tire and wheel combos. I've found a set of new car take offs, 2011 OBW 17" premium wheels on 225/60/17 conit pro contacts.

The tire calculator show it'll be tight, 27.6" an inch over stock 225/60/16. I know there's little clearance with the spring perch. Is anyone driving this set up on a 2nd Gen Outback? I've got about 3/4" between my tire and spring, so I expect end result to be 1/4" which I know ain't much. But the distance between tire and spring doesn't change except for turning, is that right? Obviously not a great deal if they rub all the time.

Thanks, great forum!

·
Registered
2001 H6 OBW LL Bean
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Shameless bump, anyone riding 225/60/17 on their 2000 wagon?? I'm sposed me a guy with some f/s wednesday.

·
Registered
2001 H6 OBW LL Bean
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure if they'll fit, went ahead and purchased them. The conti procontacts measure a little smaller than the 27.6"calculator shows, maybe closer to 27.25. We'll see this weekend, can't wait!

·
Registered
2001 H6 OBW LL Bean
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Success! They fit good and look good. Sitting still there's still about 1/2" between tire and spring perch. There is a little rubbing if I get enough body roll and hard steering. If I wasn't being a cheap ass on this car I'd get 225/55, but I just paid $400 for the rim and tire set with 7k, gained 1/2" in ground clearance
and couldn't be happier. I immediately felt paranoid and got wheel locks just in case.

·
Registered
Onyx, 2008 LL Bean 3.0R and 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
4,112 Posts
Wow, great deal and they look good. Not sure I'd do any off road on the way to the kid's school. lol And you probably don't have to worry too much about snow build up in the wheel wells there in Austin. I wouldn't fly over any speed bumps though.

·
Registered
2009 Subaru Outback 2.5i 5sp Manual
355 Posts
Good price too, I paid that just for my wheels, then wrapped them in $700 worth if rubber(didn't pay that much though).

Looks good though!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts