Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't seem to find the website for arch kits on here anymore any know it off hand? mysubaru....somthing. eBay has them for 350.00$ seem high to me.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Speaking only for myself....and I think I agree with Sackatomatoes ;) on this......I don't think this is an accessory which you'll find cheap. I get the impression (perhaps mistaken) it's relatively popular, and wouldn't think too many sources would therefore be motivated to sell them at a below-market price.

FWIW, my 2012 Limited had them factory-installed as part of the $772 Popular Package #2 which also included wheel locks, floor mats, the rear bumper cover, and splash guards. As a retail sale proposition, I think that's a pretty good price when you factor in the time/cost to install the moldings, bumper cover, and splash guards. However, I'm not sure I'd characterize it as a screaming bargain.

Anyway, I honestly wouldn't like the looks of my own OB anywhere near as much without these moldings; and likely would have had them installed as an accessory had this particular unit not come so equipped from the factory.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I got them for $260 and change awhile back when another joint was running a discount. Some of them are running the holiday sales now. So, keep an eye out.

Make sure you get the right year. The 2013's are different from earlier OB's wrt the wheel arch kit.

·
Registered
39 Posts
eBay has them cheaper than most sites with free shipping where most places gouge you rough.. When you search refine for cheapest price + shipping

·
Registered
186 Posts
The best way is to get it preinstalled. When I was shopping for my car, average cost for Wheel Arch was U$200. I found one plus leather knob shifter for U$250 extra only compared to the one I finally bought because I wanted 110V. I am kicking myself in the behind now.

·
Premium Member
7,529 Posts
eBay has them cheaper than most sites with free shipping where most places gouge you rough.. When you search refine for cheapest price + shipping
Many people still don't trust buying stuff on e-bay... because, typically, you have to pay PayPal immediately. If you don't get, what exactly you wanted, even though there is a dispute procedure in place there, it take months and months (from my experience) to have disputes resolved. Its easier, in my opinion, to dispute things with banks than with e-aby and/or PayPal.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I just purchased a 2013 Limited SAP that did not come with the arch moldings or slash guards.

Took the car back the next day to have them installed because I wanted look. I went with the dealer install because they gave me a little break because it was so close to the initial purchase and I get the warranty on the labor.

Just get ready to:spend::flush:, life is good!

·
Premium Member
7,529 Posts
I just purchased a 2013 Limited SAP that did not come with the arch moldings or slash guards.

Took the car back the next day to have them installed because I wanted look. I went with the dealer install because they gave me a little break because it was so close to the initial purchase and I get the warranty on the labor.

Just get ready to:spend::flush:, life is good!
That's the way to go!

·
Registered
766 Posts
Heuberger Subaru in CO has em for $299 + around $25 shipping.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
10 Participants
AltaBrig
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing