Subaru Outback Forums banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2016 2.5 Outback Premium
131 Posts
I would never pay over $150 for these ever. $300 for some chunks of plastic get real. Don't get me wrong I would love to have these, but that price is ridiculous.

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Limited, No Eyesight, No Navigation
2,473 Posts
I would never pay over $150 for these ever. $300 for some chunks of plastic get real. Don't get me wrong I would love to have these, but that price is ridiculous.
I was imagining $20 each for a total of $80. I saw the actual price and decided my OB is doing great without them.

·
Registered
2019 Outback
746 Posts
For the sand/crud issue, the Euro/JDM ones seem to fully seal. I’ve read of a guy installing the knock off ebay ones with success (quality and figment).

I eventually would like to give those a go. Under $300.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Where can I get these and how much money.
I had gotten them off Ebay earlier in the year for less than $300 shipped. The seller had multiple sets available at the time. OEM JDM wheel moldings are nearly $600. I couldn't be happier with the quality and fitment of the copies. I tried looking for a set on Ebay for you, but none currently listed. I found only the smaller USDM version.

·
Registered
2019 Outback
746 Posts
I had gotten them off Ebay earlier in the year for less than $300 shipped. The seller had multiple sets available at the time. OEM JDM wheel moldings are nearly $600. I couldn't be happier with the quality and fitment of the copies. I tried looking for a set on Ebay for you, but none currently listed. I found only the smaller USDM version.
European ones are the same as JDM and $330ish on eBay.

·
Registered
51 Posts
European ones are the same as JDM and $330ish on eBay.
Yes, the European models falls under the JDM banner . . . only the US gets the smaller moldings. I looked in both the German and UK Ebay listings . . . none to be found.

OEM JDM moldings:

·
Registered
2016 2.5 Outback Premium
131 Posts
I found non oem sets exclusively for 2015-2020 outbacks for $189 on eBay.

·
Registered
2019 Outback
746 Posts
I found non oem sets exclusively for 2015-2020 outbacks for $189 on eBay.
That’s not a correct year span. That’s technically 3 different sets. I assume they don’t mean 2020. But there’s different arches for the 5th gen model update. Someone correct me if I’m wrong on that. But there’s 2 listings based on year on the Subaru Euro ones.

Link?

·
Registered
2019 Outback
746 Posts
That’s not a correct year span. That’s technically 3 different sets. I assume they don’t mean 2020. But there’s different arches for the 5th gen model update.

Link?
Found ‘em. Those are more like the U.S. model. I wouldn’t trust those.

·
Registered
2016 2.5 Outback Premium
131 Posts
I won’t post the link on here because I know SOA likes to lurk on here and hit “counterfeiters”.

·
Registered
STUBARU = 2016 Outback Limited with Eyesight (package23+) Lapis Blue/Ivory
30 Posts
I held up each of the moldings to the fender and made a mark with a Sharpie as to where the tape would need to go. Took no more than a minute for each corner and it worked out well.

I too think the metal clips leave much to be desired in terms of a fastener, but it seems like it'll do.
There are clip indents on the fender where the clips go. BEWARE that the OEM clips (#8) are VERY likely to let go and you will lose your trim pieces, especially if you drive in snow or heavy rain. DO NOT RELY ON CLIPS ALONE. Place a flat ring screw at each end, and preferably an additional one where the middle clip goes. Then upgrade to a VERY stiff #10 clip for the rest of the fasteners. Do NOT buy OEM parts "clip sets for exorbitant prices, Your local parts store will have the stringer ones.

I have list several sets of trim over the past year due to poor fasteners and poor fastener placement design.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts