Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will purchase a 2013 in the next 60 days and am considering the wheel arch moldings option. If anyone would be kind enough to post pics of your OB with this option that would be appreciated. Pics with this option are hard to find.

·
Registered
2004 Toyota Sienna, miss my eyesight. Life moves on.
982 Posts
If you buy after purchase be careful as the 2013's are different than the 2010-12. I'm sure it has to do with the bumper.

·
Registered
'11 outback 2.5i premium '12 impreza sport limited
3,814 Posts
the car is hideous without them. i wish i coud not care about what my car looks like. also the part that the moldings go on for the bumper looks identical between '10-'12 and '13, i could be mistaken though

·
Registered
2004 Toyota Sienna, miss my eyesight. Life moves on.
982 Posts
the car is hideous without them. i wish i coud not care about what my car looks like. also the part that the moldings go on for the bumper looks identical between '10-'12 and '13, i could be mistaken though
I ordered mine off of Ebay and they had a seperate listing for 13 stating it wouldn't fit on prior so I ordered that one. I can't wait to get them installed.

·
Registered
2007 Chrysler 300C built 5.7
396 Posts
Are they screwed on or taped or...? What's the installation procedure?

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT
178 Posts
They were easy to install on my 2012, and I can't see the 13's being much different. You do have to drill 1 hole for the front screw in each front wheel well, but it's in the plastic part so no rust worry. You hold them up and mark where the rest of the clips will go. You put a piece of plastic by peeling the tape off the sticky part and wrap this around the wheel well lip where the clips will go. The clips are two part and snap together, easier to do than explain. After the clips are in position just put in the screws. The front ones are easy as you can turn the tires to get them out of the way. I jacked up the rear to make a little more room for the screwdriver. All in all a real simple install!!!

Oh, I cleaned and waxed the areas where they touched the paint. Probable not necessary, but only took a minute. I am also thinking about taking them off, say once a year and cleaning and waxing that area.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Photos of a 2013 with wheel arch moldings

I wasn't crazy about the ding potential of the wheel wells, so I added the moldings. I like how it makes the cladding look more continuous, but it does make the wheel wells look ginormous compared to the size of the tires.

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Limited w/ EyeSight
106 Posts
Another pictre for what it's worth...

Install was easy, I was a little nervous about drilling the holes but it was just through pastic and if you turn the front wheels it's easy. Idid not have to jack up the car to do the job and had it done in a little under an hour.

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback
110 Posts
Yeah, this looks like money that could be spent on better mods, like a light rack or some skid plates.

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback Premium 2.5i All-Weather+Moonroof Venetian Red Pearl W/ Ivory Coth
571 Posts
I think i'm going to do this. Somebody bumped our Outback with a cart and put a crease dent on the fender well arch, so instead of fixing it in a body shop I'll add these and cover it up!

·
Registered
2013 Legacy Lim CVT Car: 2011 OB Prem 6MT Car: 2006 Miata GT 6MT mc: 2003 Honda GL1800A * Reunite Gondwanaland *
3,565 Posts
I will purchase a 2013 in the next 60 days and am considering the wheel arch moldings option.
What color paint? IMO, the moldings are nearly invisible with dark colors,
maybe too conspicuous with light colors, and look best with mid-tones.

...ymmv,

Looby

·
Registered
2011 2.5 Limited Cypress Green
573 Posts
I think i'm going to do this. Somebody bumped our Outback with a cart and put a crease dent on the fender well arch, so instead of fixing it in a body shop I'll add these and cover it up!
Exactly what I did. Too bad they use flattened out Pepsi cans for our body panels.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can anyone tell me where i can buy these?! I want the cladding/moulding all the way around aftermarket or genuine. I was told by the dealer i couldnt get them? I have a 2012 OB Cheers

1 - 16 of 16 Posts