Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
Well a few actually....Now a 2016 3.6 Blk/Blk LTD
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really can't decide if I want to add the wheel arch moldings or not. If I had a dark color like black, I probably would have done it already.
But on the white, with all the existing cladding, I just can't decide.<O:p</O:p
Anybody have the white pearl with the wheel arch moldings that has a good side shot picture?<O:p</O:p
Thanks<O:p</O:p
Jon<O:p</O:p

·
Registered
2013 Outback 3.6R Limited w/SAP
177 Posts
I really can't decide if I want to add the wheel arch moldings or not. If I had a dark color like black, I probably would have done it already.
Anybody have the white pearl with the wheel arch moldings that has a good side shot picture?<O:p</O:p
I have the white with the wheel arches. They were the best thing I bought. They finish the look of the car. I do not have a pic yet.

·
Registered
2011 2.5 Limited Cypress Green
573 Posts
They should be standard equipment. Not only because they look good, but because the wheel arches are paper thin dent magnets.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Limited CVT w/ SAP, Brilliant Brown Pearl
33 Posts
They are pricey but definitely get them. They look ESPECIALLY nice on the white outbacks. I parked next to a white one with the wheel arches today and simply drooled at that combo.

I'm planning on getting the arches this spring or if a good sale occurs. I haven't dented my arches yet but they are paper thin. I'm hoping I don't get any dings while I wait to get the arches.

·
Registered
2012 Silver Outback Premium 2.5 CVT
175 Posts
I think they look particularly good, the lighter the color.

·
Registered
2012 Impreza Sport Ltd 2013 Outback Limited SAP
1,495 Posts
Purchased them which I ordered my outback. Much less than $300, installed. I also have the Pearl White.

·
Registered
2013 White Outback 2.5 Special Appearance Package
57 Posts
Well does anyone have pics?

I've been considering them for my 13 white SAP as well.

Someone with these on white please walk out side snap a photo or two upload and post :29:

Thanks in advance - J

·
Registered
150 Posts
Here is a picture of my Ice Silver Metallic with the arches :

I wanted them mostly for ding protection. I like the way they make the black molding continuous on the body, but I do think they make the wheel wells look bigger which I'm not crazy about.

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Premium 6mt, Twilight Blue
2,370 Posts
I think they look better on light colors than dark, and especially on white. The white/black offset looks great. OP you should definitely add them - looks and protection!

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,018 Posts
Purchased them which I ordered my outback. Much less than $300, installed. I also have the Pearl White.
Yeah, They got lost in the shuffle when I bought. I added d*mn near everything else.;) Old posts show $265+SH as best price but '13s are different.

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Premium M6, 19mm,
61 Posts
My white outback is on order, due Feb 14, with the wheel arch moldings installed. As well as the protection offered, I think it ties in the rest of the black trim and looks very good. It should be standard.

·
Registered
97 Outback 240000
1,139 Posts
I really like that look too. I saw a white premium online with the black wheel arches at Sonora, CA and emailed them but they never responded.

·
Registered
2013 Outback - 3.6R Limited, EyeSight/Nav/MoonRoof/Kitchen Sink.
683 Posts
You can't go wrong with the arch moldings on white. I put them on recently and it just polished the car up right nice like.

Fronts were much easier than the backs.

·
Registered
'11 outback 2.5i premium '12 impreza sport limited
3,814 Posts
they look awesome but they are a major hindrance if you drive ever take your car off the beaten path. aparently, subaru realizes 99% of outback owners would never do this so they spent as little as possible to make them "secure" to the vehicle. i got really tired of bending them back into position every other month so i bolted them down. i would never suggest this, but it worked for me.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have to agree with the other posts - I think they look better on the lighter colors. And I think they look fantastic on the white outback. I'll be adding them to mine, even though it's a graphite gray.

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback
86 Posts
my '13 wheel arch moulding came with clips and screws and it screws down to the fender... very secured.....

·
Registered
'11 outback 2.5i premium '12 impreza sport limited
3,814 Posts
the wheel arch molding kit is expensive. i would suggest finding another outback owner who has these, mounting them temporarily on your car, make a line, take them off, put tape on outside of that line and then cover the body with plastidip or spray on bedliner.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts