Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi!
I will most likely be looking for summer wheels for my Outback.
It looks a lot like this one

Would you have any colour and/or wheel model recommendations?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
'18 3.6R Ltd
731 Posts
It's hard to make recommendations without data. "Summer wheels" implies that you think the OEM wheels to be for other seasons. So: which? Winter? Fall-Winter-Spring? What? Where are you?

My tastes run to beefy wheels (sort of like those in the picture) on Outbacks, but there are many 18" options for summer tires that will improve handling. We have 18" Subaru OEMs from our Legacy GTB on our Outback, for example (I've posted too many pictures of this already to justify another).

If your Outback is white, my personal choice would be silver-ish wheels like those in the picture (not white; certainly not black). HPH

·
Registered
'11 outback 2.5i premium '12 impreza sport limited
3,822 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Outback XT Ltd
847 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Onto my white Acura TL, I just installed a set of Sport Edition KM11 wheels in a dark silver (I guess it would be called gunmetal - the web page calls it silver, but the picture color is accurate.) The color is a little translucent and looks a lot like black chrome. They are very sexy and easy to clean. Mine are winter wheels, but "easy to clean" is good, year round. The back side of the wheel is painted gloss black. The downside to this color is that it will be really hard to touch up curb rash.

Sport Edition KM11 Bright Satin Sil Paint

You really need to tell us what size and how much you want to spend. The Sport Editions are low end, but decent quality and a very good buy. I prefer thin spokes and not very many, since this allows you to clean the back sides and calipers. I hate dirty rims and calipers....

John Davies
Spokane WA USA

·
Registered
2012 2.5 CVT Premium
16 Posts
I'm in the same boat, trying to decide on what wheel to get for a white 2012 (figure I wait until the original tires wear out). I keep coming back to to black wheels. I'm currently leaning towards Enkei EKM3s.

Let us know what you get!

Attachments

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,711 Posts
tirerack.com (and maybe discount tire's website) will let you pic images of your car and stick images of different wheels you've selected to superimpose on the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts