Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Premium
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 Outback Wheel Compatibility ---- We recently traded our gently used 2008 Outback for a new 2013 2.5i Outback Premium. I had a full size spare tire configured for my 2008 Outback and am wondering if the hole pattern is the same as the new 2013 Outback? Before I go pulling a wheel and seeing if it fits I figured I would ask the forum community first. It cost over $300 for the tire + (used) rim for my 2008 model and would like to save the cost of something similar for the 2013 model if this one will fit (even though the rim spoke pattern is different).

·
Registered
2013 OB 2.5i Premium/DDD Graphite Gray Metallic OP#2 Weathertec Window Deflectors
405 Posts
What size tires did you have on the 2008 15" 16" thatt would be your answer.

·
Registered
'18 3.6R Ltd
731 Posts
You're asking whether the 2013s have the 5x100 bolt pattern used in '08. One way to check without pulling a wheel is to get out the donut spare from your new car and see if the patterns match. As far as I know, the only other pattern that Subaru has used is 5x114.5, and that's enough of a difference that you should be able to tell by comparing the patterns. HPH

·
Banned
2007 Outback XT Ltd
847 Posts
The quick and easy way to check wheel sizing is to use Tire Rack:

Wheels for 2008 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5I With OE Metal Valve Stems

Wheels for 2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium

Your wheel will bolt up and the offset is good, but the tire size is going to be different. Depending on the diameter, the wheel may not fit over your front brakes, I don't know about that. So your spare might be better than a donut, but you can't use it for anything but an emergency (no long distance, high speed driving).

If it were my car, I would sell that left over wheel and tire here in the classifieds, and just invest in a matching wheel and tire for the new car that I could get some real use out of (rotate in with the other four). But that is me.....

John Davies
Spokane WA USA

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,304 Posts
All Subaru wheels with the exception for Tribeca and WRX STI have the 5x100 bolt pattern since the mid 1990's.

·
Registered
'18 3.6R Ltd
731 Posts
All Subaru wheels with the exception for Tribeca and WRX STI have the 5x100 bolt pattern since the mid 1990's.
I thought so, too, but didn't want to commit without some documentation (Cars101.com doesn't go this deep, it seems). I've had good success with Subaru OEM wheels' from various years being intercompatible (except for the STI thing). Even 16" Forester wheels fit our OBXT, for example.

HPH

·
Lord of ScoobyMods, ,
19' Impreza Sport 5 dr / 01' Forester S / 13' OB CVT / 10' Legacy 3.6R / 99 Mita MX-5
1,213 Posts
I just put some 2011 Legacy 16" legacy wheels on our 2001 Outback wagon, no issues. Even the offset was exactly the same (+48) that is where you will will see differences, the offset (stamped on the back of the wheel somewhere) But for the most part they are pretty close. Most wheels will work across the line. Sometime there is an issue with front caliper clearance though.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Premium
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
John, Thx..... I'm just now getting to read this post. I think I'll take your advice and sell the spare I have for my '08 and get a new one for the '13.... The times that I've had to use my spare have always been with Murhphy (of Murphy's Law) as my passenger. In the driving snow in cold weather 8 hours from my destination is not the time to have a donut for a spare, so I always like having a full size spare in the car.... Thanks again for the info... ---dwb

1 - 8 of 8 Posts