Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I've owned my on since this past July. It's a 2013 with just over 100k on dial. I'm having a recurring issue where my right front fender continues to work is way(screws) lose. No the ones in the top of fenderwell has a weird clip that Subaru wants like $115 for a lot opposed to being able to buy individual what I need. My question to the forum is does anyone else have this problem and is there a work around hack/repair for this?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
3M double sided tape? They make a good high tack one. Just clean well with rubbing alcohol.
Thanks I've got some gorilla double sided tape on it since a month or so ago. If you've used it, please share with me where you placed your strips

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Convenience
1,317 Posts
Haven't had to use it outside the car. I would cover as much as I can where the plastic meets the fender.

I'd also use a hair drier to help with adhesion, warm glue usually sticks better.

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
4,651 Posts
I was going to put those on our OB when we first got it but realized that it would just become a place for road dirt and grime to collect and speed up the corrosion process. That could be what’s happening to yours...the corrosion is loosening things up...sorry...I know I didn’t answer your question...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was going to put those on our OB when we first got it but realized that it would just become a place for road dirt and grime to collect and speed up the corrosion process. That could be what’s happening to yours...the corrosion is loosening things up...sorry...I know I didn’t answer your question...
We'll I've replaced screws and applied a little plastic glue. I'll update in a few days

1 - 6 of 6 Posts