Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Subaru Outback ll bean 3.0
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm installing a 2"/2 1/2" Subielift oz lift on my '05 outback this weekend and for the next step, I would like to put on some 15" wheels and whatever size tires I can get away with on it, but I was wondering what offset should I go with, would like to get a little wider stance of possible but don't know much about offsets and need some knowledgeable help. Thanks

·
Registered
05 Outback H6 201K
100 Posts
OEM wheel offset is 48mm. A wider stance would require decreasing the offset to something less than 48mm. Going too extreme with offset can put extra wear and tear on wheel bearings and suspension/steering components.

·
Registered
2008 Outback 3.0R L.L. Bean
35 Posts
I know your lifted, so this may or may not help... On my 08 OBW I have +33 on 18” x 8.75” wheels and 245/45 tires. At 0 degrees camber they poke a half inch in the front and almost flush in the back. At around 2-3 degrees camber in the front they are flush to the fender. I think the rims themselves are almost flush in the front at 0 comber, but the tires are meaty and are wider than the rims.

Remember, wheel width plays just as big of a role as offset when it comes to wheel fitment.

I would consider taking my wheel set up and poke into a wheel calculator and compare it to other offsets and wheel width combos and see how it compares.

If you run wider wheels, you need more offset to clear the stock spring perch as well if you have meaty tires. My seat up barely cleared the stock spring perch and there is a little rub on the front of the inside fender when wheel is turned at full lock.

I know someone that has +20 on 18 x 8.75 and runs just fine but his tires are a little stretched/legacy-size and he has negative camber.

Check out the link below, my pictures may be able to give you an idea.

I hope this helps!

My Humble Build: Christopher Setter's 2008 Subaru Outback on Wheelwell

·
Registered
2008 Legacy Outback 2.5i
12 Posts
I know your lifted, so this may or may not help... On my 08 OBW I have +33 on 18” x 8.75” wheels and 245/45 tires. At 0 degrees camber they poke a half inch in the front and almost flush in the back. At around 2-3 degrees camber in the front they are flush to the fender. I think the rims themselves are almost flush in the front at 0 comber, but the tires are meaty and are wider than the rims.

Remember, wheel width plays just as big of a role as offset when it comes to wheel fitment.

I would consider taking my wheel set up and poke into a wheel calculator and compare it to other offsets and wheel width combos and see how it compares.

If you run wider wheels, you need more offset to clear the stock spring perch as well if you have meaty tires. My seat up barely cleared the stock spring perch and there is a little rub on the front of the inside fender when wheel is turned at full lock.

I know someone that has +20 on 18 x 8.75 and runs just fine but his tires are a little stretched/legacy-size and he has negative camber.

Check out the link below, my pictures may be able to give you an idea.

I hope this helps!

My Humble Build: Christopher Setter's 2008 Subaru Outback on Wheelwell
Wow Christopher, Your ride is lookin MiTee fine. Well done!

·
Registered
2005 Outback Wagon 3.0 L.L. Bean
705 Posts
None. 15" wheels won't clear LL Beans calipers

·
Registered
2005 Outback Wagon 3.0 L.L. Bean
705 Posts
Don't mess with the offset to where it moves the centerline of the rim outside of the centerline of the hub. Wheel offset is carefully considered to keep the wheel centered directly over the hubs bearings. Wrong offset will create stress on the hubs that they were not designed for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts