Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Outback, 2.5L, Limited
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has or is currently running 25mm or 30mm wheel spacers? Any issues / problems you've had? Any noticeable driveability positives? I have a 2018 OB 2.5 and am looking into a wider stance without buying aftermarket rims.

·
Registered
2018 3.6R Outback Touring
23 Posts
I have the same desire. If you installed spacers, please let me know about your experience.

·
Registered
2005 Outback Wagon 3.0 L.L. Bean
923 Posts
Stresses hub bearings. Other than looks, there are no positives.

·
Registered
2012 OB , 2017 Impreza
3,343 Posts
Stresses hub bearings. Other than looks, there are no positives.

Agreed.... These "spacers" mess up the suspension-geometry, put undue wear on the bearings and can cause goofy handling characteristics. Why mess with the design engineers?

Now - If you wish to use spacers AND run wheels which compensate for the offset.... then the negatives may be negated.

·
Registered
2018 3.6R Outback Touring
23 Posts
I thought that the spacers might allow me to run wider tires without rubbing on the suspension components. I will be driving in soft desert sand and the wider tires will allow the car to float more on the sand. I see that at least one owner has run 255/55R18 tires but don't know if he lifted the car or added spacers. I'm completely open to pros and cons and won't use the spacers if not necessary.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I thought that the spacers might allow me to run wider tires without rubbing on the suspension components. I will be driving in soft desert sand and the wider tires will allow the car to float more on the sand. I see that at least one owner has run 255/55R18 tires but don't know if he lifted the car or added spacers. I'm completely open to pros and cons and won't use the spacers if not necessary.

I believe you can run 235/60/18 I am considering Rokblokz 15mm spacers on my 17 - I will be keeping the stock wheels on and going with the tire listed listed before

·
Registered
2005 Outback 3.0R VDC/VTD/LSD 5eat , 2.8'' lift
1,725 Posts
so with lift your new outback wheels wont go inside ? because older ones 2001 , 2005 era does go inside quite lot, so with about 15mm spacer you will just put them in oem position, with 25mm sure they will be looking much better. or just put some cool looking rims with same offset on them allready , same result. Drove earlier on heavy heavy BFG TA Ko2 tires with 25mm spacers just fine for couple years, now doing same on 2005. all just fine

1 - 7 of 7 Posts