Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2013 OB 2.5i CVT Premium AWP
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ALL,

I just wonder how many of us are ready to forgive Subaru their quality problems?

I own 2010 2.5i CVT. it's the base model, with some upgrades when I bought OB accessories on deep discounts and installed myself. It's my 2nd Subaru and a lot of my friends bought Subaru after me, because of my loyalty to the brand, but ... I already was 4 times with squeaking/moving driver seat on dealership with 3 last times happened during last 6 months. It's very annoying situation, the car is out of warranty and I would lost good chunk of money if I trade-in my OB. I'm stuck. I like the car in general a lot, but I do not need Premium or Limited trims - I want the base model, but I want to feel safe and comfortable. :(

what do you think , is it reasonable to ask Subaru or buy back or cooperate on lemon law process?

·
Registered
2020 Touring Onyx XT; 2014 Tribeca
401 Posts
I see you are in the bay area, no Lemon law will cover you. call subaru and ask them what they can do for you. With the history, they may make an offer on a new subaru, but will not buy it back.

·
Registered
2010 2.5i Outback, 2015 2.5i Legacy w/Eyesight
595 Posts
Maybe a long shot, but perhaps you could try getting a premium seat upgrade out of them if they can't fix the issue for the base seat. I haven't had any issues with my power seat with 65k+ miles of drive time.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I went though an ordeal with the baja I had and after the car was at the deliership 15 times in 50k miles, SOA offered me a deal I couldn't refuse on a new subaru ontop of any deal I could find. That is when I got my LGT and 128k miles later, I am still happy.

BTW, the seat in my LGT squeeks a lot as well, when I rase the seat up and on the twisties I leave near, it squeeks all the time. I have had the car in a few times and they replaced the seat frame and was good for 80K and just started again. Just in time for me to start looking for a new outback.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see you are in the bay area, no Lemon law will cover you. call subaru and ask them what they can do for you. With the history, they may make an offer on a new subaru, but will not buy it back.
I'm hoping that I correctly understood California law: "California has very distinct rules and regulations in the dispute resolution settlement process, and they are contained in our California Lemon Law statute. In certain situations a valid lemon law claim can be filed after the warranty has expired if the vehicle is still suffering from the same non-conformity."

I have this problem for last 2 years or more and I hope this will quilify me to "certain situation".

Honestly, I prefer that September fix worked well, but no luck....

·
Registered
401 Posts
I'm hoping that I correctly understood California law: "California has very distinct rules and regulations in the dispute resolution settlement process, and they are contained in our California Lemon Law statute. In certain situations a valid lemon law claim can be filed after the warranty has expired if the vehicle is still suffering from the same non-conformity."

I have this problem for last 2 years or more and I hope this will quilify me to "certain situation".

Honestly, I prefer that September fix worked well, but no luck....
When I went though mine, it is dependent on milage. I had 60K on the baja and no lemon law could be applied, I checked. And the Lemon law does require a lot of work on your end from what I remember. My baja was and 04 and this was in 06 that I was going though all this. Good luck on going though the decision. I hignly recommend calling SOA (1800subaru3) and getting a case started. You will likely need to take it to a delier again and have the regional rep look at it.

Another recommendation I can make is Call Subaru of Santa Cruz (worth the drive) and have them look at it. They did a great job on the seat in my LGT and Mark Schultz (service deprtment manager) is good about these things.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bajanut - I already had 4 seat frames :( The first time dealership accepted my claim when seat could not keep the height for more than 15-20 minutes driving

Statueim - if Subaru will do upgrade I accept it, but I do not want to pay for Subaru problems.

I do not have much alternative to OB, since I use wagon, roof rack and awd features very often. I'm doomed - I just sent e-mail to Subaru America customer service, includig my previouse case # with same problem and would wait for Monday. I asked for real help and solution from them - I have too much going at work and at home that it would be tough to fight SOA

·
Registered
401 Posts
With my previous experiance, calling them was much more bennifical than emailing them.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I remember even now how my emotions were when I went though it on the baja. Just keep your head hight and don't get too upset. Just keep trudging on and make sure all communications are professional and I think with your history, they will try to do something for you. What, I don't know. But if it ends up like my situation, I took the option to buy a new model, got my LGT for 200 under invoice, plus the cash back from SOA so it ended to up as a screaming deal. I am not suposed to disclose the $$ cash back I got.

·
Registered
401 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
update: SOA repurchase my OB today. I impressed with SOA customer service level. I should pick up '13 OB on next week

·
Registered
188 Posts
Let me get this right.

SOA repurchased your ’10 OB for a bad seat and you will get a ‘13 and you will have the same balance on the car loan ? Or basically they replaced your ‘10 with ‘13 for nothing?

·
Registered
2012 Legacy 2.5GT-L
312 Posts
Have you tried to fix the seat on your own? If it's squeaking, odds are there is a reason - either something is loose or needs lubrication (silicone works well for plastic-on-plastic noise - just figure out where it is). If a nut/bolt keeps coming loose, then tighten it up and use threadlocker on it... I can't imagine you'll make it far trying to get them to buy the car back over a noise...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I tried everythng, they applied 3 times TSB and replaced low seat part.

I think, I was just unlucky and paid the price for not buying premium model from the begining.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts