Subaru Outback Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback Premium 2.5i All-Weather+Moonroof Venetian Red Pearl W/ Ivory Coth
572 Posts
Taking care of your car is good but this is an Outback, not a Range Rover... keep it clean, prevent rusting & use Klasse AIO once (or twice) a year plus an occasional 303 Protectant on headlights, front-end to keep of bugs off is more than enough.

Once you've taken a long road trip & hit some colorado trails, you'll forget about what kind of wax to use. I've got a few large paint chips on my hood I just use specs of 3M tape to cover them until I get whole bunch of them, then I'll touch them up all at once or have dealer take care of it.

Enjoy your car & just drive. :)
You are totally right. I'm not sure all the hubbub on here about these expensive car car products. I've always used Meguires and our cars still look great! Next thing that'll happen is everyone will start up a discussion on which synthetic oil is best (yet again)

·
Registered
17 3.6r limited ob, 14 carbide grey metallic ob (Traded)
49 Posts
as soon as i got my car home i clayed the whole car and used the 3 step ammo nyc regimen. do yourself a favor and check it out. you will never worry about anything in regards to the finish ever again!!!

·
Registered
2014 Outback 2.5i LTD
21 Posts
I highly, Highly recommend the Klass System... the AIO and Sealant... easy to put on, lasts a good 6-12 months, and shines like crazy. I've used it for many, many years. They sell it at many shops, but you can also find it on Amazon, and autogeek.net.

·
Banned
2013 3.6 ob limited twi blu
170 Posts
If you have a buffer, put wax on by hand and take it off with buffer as this prevents swirl marks . I wax all three cars every 3 months and they all look perfect. Oldest one being a 2001 and still looks as good as the day I bought it.

·
Registered
2014 Outback 2.5i Limited Venetian Red/ Moonroof package with Light leather interior.Rear Entertainment package. Remote Start.
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks for all the replies! I have never heard of "Clay Bar" so I'll have to google that. When you talk about automatic car washes scratching the cars, are you talking just about the ones with the rollers that actually touch the care or are you talking about the touchless ones that just use sprayers too? I use the touchless ones with sprayers only. It also has an optional blow dryer as you drive out of it.

I did buy a detailer spray and thought you would just use a soft microfiber cloth with it.

·
Registered
2014 Outback 2.5i Convenience
334 Posts
When we bought the OB couple months ago, I cleaned it with Meguiars clay bar an put on couple layers of their Ultimate Liquid Wax, followed by a layer or Ultimate Quick Detailer. Ultimate Liquid Wax is very easy to work with, and 30% of effort = 90% perfection, that's fine by me - I do not go to car shows etc, just want to keep the paint protected.

Carbide Gray stays clean for a few days max anyways :)

·
Registered
Mostly stock 2012 6MT.
665 Posts
Thanks for all the replies! I have never heard of "Clay Bar" so I'll have to google that. When you talk about automatic car washes scratching the cars, are you talking just about the ones with the rollers that actually touch the care or are you talking about the touchless ones that just use sprayers too? I use the touchless ones with sprayers only. It also has an optional blow dryer as you drive out of it.

I did buy a detailer spray and thought you would just use a soft microfiber cloth with it.
Neither is good for your car. These car washes are meant to be super quick, so the products and chemicals they use are stronger and more concentrated to work more quickly. This is not good for paint. The touchless are probably better, but only marginally.

The detail spray is meant for quick spot cleaning between washes, not to replace washing. Although it can definitely be done.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been using Zymol Titanium for years on 2 black colored vehicles. Since purchasing a 2019 Forester & a 2920 Outback (in the last 9 months) I have moved up to Zymol's Concours. My vehicles are garage kept and are dark colors. ( Dark Charcoal and Black.) The wax goes on by hand. Just put a little bit in your palm, rub your hands to heat it up & apply. You do not need much to put a thin coat on. Let it sit for one hour & buff off. My time is worth something to me. I personally only feel a need to wax my vehicles once a year to keep them looking good. You get what you pay for.

·
Registered
2010 Outback 3.6R 2014 Legacy 2.5i 2003 Legacy L special edition (retired to backup)
690 Posts
paint correct and seal it as soon as the weather permits.

·
Registered
2018 3.6R Limited
129 Posts
Check out Chemical Guys. They have great products and useful videos. I got a foam gun for Christmas. I use it when I (hand) wash the OB and the '17 Impala.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts