Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I’ve recently decided to fix up my outback there are a few things that are bugging the crap out of me. I’m the kind of person that takes pride in his things looking nice and a few things that don’t are my seats and the carpet molding.

I know, most people are gonna say “just get a seat cover or some different floor mats” (which I’m going with weather tech) but I’ll know it’s there regardless. What makes it worse is the carpet is tan so everything shows. If I were so inclined to restore the majority of my interior with factory parts, where would I go to find them? Thanks in advance, Mr. Blount

·
Meh.
I has wagons.
12,436 Posts
For a nearly 20 year old vehicle...you aren't going to find any new parts. They haven't been produced in a very long time.

·
Premium Member
01 VDC, 05 R Sedan, 06 BAJA EJ257
17,889 Posts
It is possible to find low.mules cars in salvage yards. I went to a local yard to get parts off an 86 T-Bird for an 96 Cougar and ran across a 93 Legacy sedan with a 2.2 that has 120k miles. No dents, no rust and the interior in tact. Í considered taking the whole car, then decided I really didn't have a place to put it at the moment. (Shop lot is over loaded so much cars are parked in the street and 9 cars at the house.)

eBay is an option also.

Carpet is going to be hard to find. Are there any good upholstery shops in your area? Restoration shops that do interior?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is possible to find low.mules cars in salvage yards. I went to a local yard to get parts off an 86 T-Bird for an 96 Cougar and ran across a 93 Legacy sedan with a 2.2 that has 120k miles. No dents, no rust and the interior in tact. Í considered taking the whole car, then decided I really didn't have a place to put it at the moment. (Shop lot is over loaded so much cars are parked in the street and 9 cars at the house.)

eBay is an option also.

Carpet is going to be hard to find. Are there any good upholstery shops in your area? Restoration shops that do interior?
I do think I’m going to have to go to an upholstery shop. I can’t find anything in my area and the cleaner I tried to use didn’t help at all. Going to be adding weather tech mats in the mean time!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts