Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,526 Posts
If I would be adding one, I would put it next to the rearview mirror switches....or in that area...

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
619 Posts
Current location:

New and improved location:

At the moment, only the roof light switch is wired in. The other two will be for the big lights on the front, and the bigger lights on the front (when I get them.) All three light up when powered.

The roof light is a single throw switch wired to fused power that is on all the time. That way I can put the lights on with the key out.

The other two are 2 pole switches. I'll set them up to either turn the lights on, or turn them on when the high beams come on.

For the moment, the switch bank is wedged in place. I'd like to come up with something a bit more finished eventually.

·
Registered
2012 Subaru Outback Premium 2.5
214 Posts
Good use of the empty box. Mounted my switch next to the heated seat switch. Working out well so far.

·
Registered
2012 OB Limited, 3.6, AT
126 Posts
The switch for my Rigid lights is in the cover below the steering column, I'll get a picture tomorrow.

Vince

·
Registered
'11 outback 2.5i premium '12 impreza sport limited
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i want to mount this OTRATTW

on this panel

does anyone know the thickness of the panel?

oh wait its curved so maybe not.

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
meh, changed my mind already. me 2 lazy. those cool switches would be too much work. probably will just get a simple toggle switch.

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
619 Posts
The only problem with that location is that every time my wife drives my car she hits it with her leg, or purse, or some other random crap that shouldn't be in my car... Anyways, she hits it and the switch gets bent. Then I bend it back. It's bound to break eventually. And, of course, she's sworn up and down she's never hit it.

EVERY ******N TIME.

Sorry, pet peeve.

Anyways, I'm going to replace it with a button momentary switch and rig it to my garage door opener remote.

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i want one of those red toggle switch safety cover things. my daughter plays in my car every other day when i take the dog to run and she presses almost every button she can find. im afraid just a regular switch will be hit leaving the lights on without my knowledge blinding everyone and maybe attracting an unwanted ticket. hardly anyone else ever drives my car, is it just me or is getting in a car, starting up and driving away awesome when you dont have to worry about adjusting the seat or mirrors?

·
Registered
2012 OB Limited, 3.6, AT
126 Posts
Here you are.

Vince

Attachments

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i was thinking this morning, i do love the zombie switches, ill make a panel to replace the blueconnect and put 3 switches in the center kinda like what reddoak has. i wanted to put gauges there but that would only be after i put in a real engine which would require a new drivetrain and at least $15k. my driving lights are supposed to come next thursday.

on a completely unrelated note, all my work bolting everything down was well worth it. drove down into all the thick stuff where i've broken all my plastic before, got stuck for a few seconds a few times but all the stuff is real secure now. if that didn't take them off, the only thing that will **** up that plastic crap from now on would be a serious accident.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,018 Posts
Gotta love the zombie switches.

Im new ... and this is off topic, but how do you post thumbnail pics?
When you are posting at the top of the window with all the options is a paper clip. Click on it and add any pic on your computer. Be aware there is a 1mb limit on each picture so you might have to resize to upload. Hope that helps.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts