Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Touring 3.6
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've got a 2017 3.6 and have a compressor that I had on my 4 Runner. Where did you install yours? It's mighty tight in the engine bay..

Thanks..

·
Registered
2018 Outback
52 Posts
Mine isn't in the engine bay, it's in a box, stashed in the rear os sometimes on rear floor along with other recovery gear. Following this thread but don't think there's enough space in a 3.6R for a mount under the hood with adequate ventilation.

·
Registered
2017 Touring 3.6
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I can't really find anywhere.. Kinda wish I had the one now that was portable.. Mine came off my 4 Runner, so on that, there was plenty of room.. May look at going with the portable ARB..

·
Premium Member
2016 Outback Limited Titanium
444 Posts
I had the same issue when I bought my new 2016 OB. I traded a 2014 Jeep Wrangler that had on board air. There just is no good place on the OB to install one. So I bought a Vair 400 portable compressor that I keep in an Army surplus bag in the back with other recovery gear. I’ve used it a few times to air back up and it works great. I have used it twice for flat tires that I did a roadside plug as that silly donut spare is a pain to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts