Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013 3.6R Limited Eyesight
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe this is a dumb question, but it doesn't seem readily apparent to me where I can remove the SD card for the Nav prog in my 2013 Outback. When I hit eject, where is it ejecting to? any special tricks to getting the card out?

Thx

·
Registered
'05 Outback 2.5 XT Limited, '09 Outback Sport, '13 Outback 3.6R Limited w/SAP & Brilliant Brown Pearl
161 Posts
Maybe this is a dumb question, but it doesn't seem readily apparent to me where I can remove the SD card for the Nav prog in my 2013 Outback. When I hit eject, where is it ejecting to? any special tricks to getting the card out?

Thx
Ejecting the SD card means the system is "unmounting" the card.. Once the card is ejected all you have to do is pop the little blue transparent protector above the volume control and remove the card.. Once you put the SD card back in.. the system will reconnect and mount the SD card again..

Hope this helps.. FYI..!! Also please review the owners manual (Nav Manual) for specific instructions on how to manage the data on the card.. I believe there are requirements to follow regarding adding/deleting data and formatting.. Be very careful.. you could corrupt the SD card..

Steve

·
Registered
2014 Outback 2.5 Ltd with Nav, Eyesite, loaded.
148 Posts
Anyone know what the latest version of the SD card is? I can read mine from the head unit on screen, but neither Subaru or Fitjusi can tell me what the latest is.

·
Registered
1 Posts
From the main screen (on car, while SD card is in), select:
Menu > More > Help > About > More > Content > Maps.

The files on this screen will appear something like "Alabama 2013.Q1". This means that you would have the Quarter 1 update from 2013.

I don't know what is the latest update but sure there is a 2013.Q2 already exist!

I haven't tried this yet but someone suggested to use this tool from Subaru to update your software:
https://subaru-na.naviextras.com/shop/portal/downloads

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Outback Limited
213 Posts
Ejecting the SD card means the system is "unmounting" the card.. Once the card is ejected all you have to do is pop the little blue transparent protector above the volume control and remove the card.. Once you put the SD card back in.. the system will reconnect and mount the SD card again..

Hope this helps.. FYI..!! Also please review the owners manual (Nav Manual) for specific instructions on how to manage the data on the card.. I believe there are requirements to follow regarding adding/deleting data and formatting.. Be very careful.. you could corrupt the SD card..

Steve
One more thing, once you have the blue cover off then press on the card and it will pop out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Remove what blue cover?

I see a slot above the volume control but nothing ejects from it. Do I remove the entire blue volume cover? Is that slot where you put in a tool and pop off the plastic cover? I don't want to break anything but I can't figure out how to find where the SD card is ejecting so I can update it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts