Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 outback that has begun idling horribly, dying occasionally, losing power (as in, push the gas pedal and absolutely nothing happens).

This is very intermittent.

I replaced the fuel filter and it was fine for a day, but now the problem has returned and I'm getting error code p0340.

I want to check the camshaft position sensor, but I can't find it. I know what it's supposed to look like, but it's hiding. Can somebody PLEASE take a picture of their engine and circle the **** thing or something for me? Or at least describe it for me?

Also, when I ohm check it, what should the value be?

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
It's on the right hand head, under the metal cover above the valve cover.

Looks to be towards the rear.

I think 0340 means completely bad sensor or broken wire.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've spent the last hour searching and searching... still can't find it.

Can anyone snap a picture for me? What am i missing here???

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GOT IT!

Where did you get that image from? I can't find the manual online for the h6 3.0.

I'd like to download it myself so I don't have to bother people for silly things like images.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a used OEM sensor I'd like to sell. I replaced the one on my 03' trying to resolve an issue and it wasn't the sensor. I left the new one in and don't need the original one.

I didn't have error codes but had similar issues to your car and had to replace the fuel pump assembly.

Rich

·
Registered
1 Posts
I found the crankshaft sensor its under the air intake on the top back of the engine straight down under a plastic shield hard to find have a pic though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
7 Participants
dapuck
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing