Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Outback 2.5xt Limited
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if I was just going to replace my TCM because of error code P0725, where is it?

how big of a deal is it to try and pull off and check the connections and put back?

where do I get a new one?

I've seen the errors again a month ago, and now in the heat, I'm getting pretty hot on longer uphills, and just waiting for the main symptom of the engine dying on a slowing down, where it should be down shifting.

·
Registered
OBW H6 VDC, Tribeca, XT6
12,385 Posts
under the dash next to the steering column.
in other words stand on your head in the drivers seat footwell area and look up. very easy to swap depending on your size and flexibility.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
very easy to swap depending on your size and flexibility.
Ha! thanks.

any idea on good place to buy one?

and has anyone ever found connection issues that cleaning or reconnecting would fix? ( you know, I'm hoping for the miracle fix here)

Tys

·
Registered
OBW H6 VDC, Tribeca, XT6
12,385 Posts
In order of least expensive to most:

Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market search by zipcode for closest ones or just have the cheapest reasonable one you can find shipped to you. they're not worth much as demand is minuscule.

ebay

Subaru

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how's this? is this the TCM?

can't help but notice it doesn't say TCM on it.....

·
Registered
18,866 Posts
The indication MT/AT (manual transmission/automatic transmission) suggests it's not the TCM which is for the automatic only. The part number (88281AG10A) corresponds to the Body Integrated Unit.

Looking at some diagrams in the FSM, the BUI is to the right of the steering column; the TCM is to the left of the column, possibly further forward, closer to the firewall.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts