Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 outback 60K and just thought I d do all 4 pads and rotors as I do have a slight pulsing during high speed braking. My question is where to get best pricing. Would like OEM stuff or similar. Dealer wants $85 front pads, 85 rear pads, 85 front rotors, 85 rear rotors. Does that sound fair? Subaru online is almost the same plus shipping. NAPA? Suggestions. Thank you.

·
Registered
16,970 Posts
have you inspected them? often the rears will last thru 2 front pad swaps - might depend on a lot of factors.

with admittedly small amount of personal experience, I think Centric gives you good value. Rotors are decent quality and PosiQuiet Ceramic pads are on par with OEM and much less expensive. I run those pads on my wife's outback. I'm definitely using them again. I have bought pads for my Subarus from RockAuto and from KNS Brakes. In the past, I've bought from local parts stores for other cars.

You might try a bedding-in procedure to see if it clears up the unevenness of your rotors. Being in the NE, you may need to be diligent about inspecting for corrosion and lubing sliding/moving parts. Permatex Ceramic brake lube was recommended to me and seems quite good.

read here; -Warped- Brake Disc and Other Myths

Bed-In Theory

·
Registered
117 Posts
i like this place cause it's oem and they give you not only shims but the hardware clips that go on the calipers as well... looking them up your front's $69, rears $72, and about $72 for the disc... it usually takes two days for shipping. if i order monday night, would get them wednesday ,thursday the latest... but it might be different since i am in nyc...http://subarupartsforyou.com... hope that helps

·
Registered
16,970 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i like this place cause it's oem and they give you not only shims but the hardware clips that go on the calipers as well... looking them up your front's $69, rears $72, and about $72 for the disc... it usually takes two days for shipping. if i order monday night, would get them wednesday ,thursday the latest... but it might be different since i am in nyc...http://subarupartsforyou.com... hope that helps

$451 with shipping, sounds like alot, No? I did an online order but didn t submit, looks like no tax. FYI/ The dics are sold as singles.

BTW/dealer quoted $660 for the entire job.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all, I went with Amazon, Raybestos pads/rotors, professional grade on all. Free shipping, $250 w/tax.

·
Registered
117 Posts
i normally buy just pads from them cause it includes the shims and other assorted hardware... the discs i get resurfaced...or buy from other online stores...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
4 Participants
pepperface
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing