Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my '05 Outback only to find Cheam Motors is no longer with us. So, anyone know an online retailer I could get the armrest extension from? My elbow thanks you in advance.

·
Registered
2005 OBW 2.5i, snorkel, skid plates, etc...
1,037 Posts
First of all, let me say Google should be your best friend for something like this.

Second, here ya go. Armrest extension.

I just got my '05 Outback only to find Cheam Motors is no longer with us. So, anyone know an online retailer I could get the armrest extension from? My elbow thanks you in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discolite,
Were you ever able to track down info on the euro armrest? I have an '05 Outback that keeps asking me to get one for it.

·
Registered
'18 3.6R Ltd
731 Posts
Speaking of that armrest extension...

Both our cars have it (the American version, I expect). And in my car, I discovered that it was completely loose. The four screws holding the padded part onto the lifting part had jiggled loose and fallen out.

Fortunately, they fell into the console box, so retrieving them and putting them back in was trivial -- presumably, the locktite I put on them will keep them in place.

But, sheesh, I sure hope that nothing critical jiggles loose and falls off. I'll blame this on a dealer install, but you never really know. HPH

·
Registered
2009 Outback XT (5MT)
57 Posts
Dredging this back up from the dead....
I find it completely infuriating how the center "armrest" is not an armrest at all. I'm 6' tall and keep the seat in the lowest position possible. I also like to sit pretty close to the steering wheel. With my hand resting on the shifter, my elbow is ~3" above the very front edge of the "armrest." What a complete failure in ergonomics. The average human being measures ~18" from fingertip to elbow.... I am no exception. Seems like just another way to make you buy something that should be standard.

Ok... Now that the rant is over.... The USDM armrest extension doesn't look like it will gain me much. I read reports of it being flimsy, and I like the idea of an additional storage compartment. So Euro/JDM it is. Took a fair bit of googling to find a part number.... And there aren't many pics of them installed in an outback.... So:
Can anyone here confirm this will fit a gen 3 outback?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts