Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just last night purchased a used 2010 Outback 2.4 limited. Lovin it! Cant wait to really get into it. I have one question (first of many I assume heh), it did not come with the little cross-bar insert thingy in the middle cup holder so now all I have is one very wide cup holder that doesn't hold cups. Does anyone know where I could get one of these, do I have to go to a dealer? Are they expensive? Thanks!

·
Registered
2011 Outback 2.5i Premium, CVT, Steel Silver, all-weather package. Upgrades: Tweeter kit, BlueConnect, media hub, remote start, Curt 2" receiver hitch.
1,127 Posts
I would see if there's a salvage yard near you that has a lot of Subarus on the lot. That'd be a good place to look.

Also, it may have been a typo, but it's a 2.5 liter engine, not 2.4.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Shinare,

I saw this description on one of the Outback Service Bulletins. Looks like the part is available from dealer. Good luck!

"Service Bulletin # 12-133-12
Pages: 1

Bulletin Description:
This Bulletin is to announce the availability of the center console cup holder partition as a service part.

Information contained in any technical document found on the STIS web site should only be used as reference material for highly trained automotive technicians. Only automotive technicians have the training and the special tools/equipment to repair Subaru vehicles.

12-133-12"

·
Registered
91 Posts
I did check SubaruGenuineParts.com and see that the complete cup holder is $32.54 (discount price) and the diagram shows that it does have the center divider. Hope this helps.
https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/oe_parts_cat.html
Hope that my post before did not confuse you. You still should check with the dealer for the cup holder center divider. It should be low cost. I provided the complete cup holder price, just so you know the worst case price if the divider is not available by itself. I should have been clearer in my post. Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank u so much for the pic and part number. It was great help. Called both Subaru dealers here and neither had it but wanted to sell me the entire holder for almost $50. I ended up ordering from the linked website. $12.86 shipping for a $12 part hurt a little but still half what the dealer wanted. Thanks again for the great help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts