Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got an 2018 Outback last week. My old car, a VW, had a nice cubby in the glove compartment where to store the manual. Is there a place in the Outback where the manual is suppose to live, aside from taking over the glove compartment?

·
Registered
2015 Carbide Gray Outback 3.6R with EyeSight
176 Posts
Just got an 2018 Outback last week. My old car, a VW, had a nice cubby in the glove compartment where to store the manual. Is there a place in the Outback where the manual is suppose to live, aside from taking over the glove compartment?

Thanks,
Jaime
Armrest, under the seat, in the trunk (where the styrofoam cutout is for retractable trunk cover).

·
Registered
2016 Carbide Grey 2.5 Limited Outback with Eyesight. Add-on: Geolandar GO15's on 17" WRX rims, Ecohitch
300 Posts
PDF file on my iPhone. Hard manual in the file cabinet.
Also on PDF on phone, but keep the paper manual under the seat for backup.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yup, the first thing I did when I brought my new Outback home was to pull the manuals from the glove box so that I could actually have space to USE the glovebox!

I have electronic versions of the manual(s) in my cloud storage account so I can access the content from any of my devices anywhere​.

Paper manuals in my recliner magazine pouch.

·
Registered
2017 Outback 2.5i Limited
1,108 Posts
PDF's on the cloud. Manuals in the 'burn these first for zombie apocalypse' pile near the fireplace.

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Outback w/Eyesight, Venetian Red Pearl
301 Posts
Put mine under the front passenger seat. Otherwise, it takes up 89% of the glove box.
Also raises center of gravity.
That's where mine is now. I initially put it in the foam cutout in the cargo area but found that to be inconvenient as I refer to it on occasion.

·
Registered
2017 OB Limited 3.6
114 Posts
Got mine saved to my PC and in my Dropbox account so I can view from phone/IPad. Hard copies in the den. Had to make room in my glove box for a recent road trip. The search feature is really nice to find just what you're looking for.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Forgot to mention above - if your car has EyeSight and a trailer hitch, you may consider getting a dedicated trailer to haul all this paperweight around :smile2:

·
Registered
492 Posts
At the rate that Suby manuals have been growing in size each year, there may come a time when it will be too big to fit in a standard glove box.

·
Registered
'16 Outback 2.5i Premium WAM, Factory Hitch, Infinity speakers, Alpine Sub, Cargo Tray/Seat Protectors, Husky Liners, Rally Armor Mudflaps, LED Int Ltg, Subaru LOGO LED Projection Puddle Lights, OUTB
407 Posts
I put the pdf's in iBooks so I could quickly search the topic of interest and go straight to it, or see everywhere a certain term is mentioned. Much better than paper form.
Once I find the spot in the manual I seek, I figure out whether a paper copy would be more valuable, and either print it, or go find the manual hiding in a storage box with the factory speakers, the factory floor mats, the factory interior bulbs, and anything else that would go with the car if/when it was sold.

·
Registered
2016 2.5i Ltd Outback (Tungsten)
835 Posts
I'm curious if anyone has found a source for the manual as a single PDF vs all the individual files located here. For those of you who refer to soft copies here, are you getting them from the location I linked, or somewhere else?

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm curious if anyone has found a source for the manual as a single PDF vs all the individual files located here. For those of you who refer to soft copies here, are you getting them from the location I linked, or somewhere else?
If you haven't done so already, register on mysubaru.com. Once you have, log into your account and you will find Support & Resources link at the top, and there you will find complete manuals (not the individual sections).

·
Registered
2017 Outback Limited 2.5i
55 Posts

·
Registered
2016 2.5i Ltd Outback (Tungsten)
835 Posts
If you haven't done so already, register on mysubaru.com. Once you have, log into your account and you will find Support & Resources link at the top, and there you will find complete manuals (not the individual sections).
I forgot they had manuals here, thanks!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts