Subaru Outback Forums banner

Where to put the manuals?

3K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  BBurgDave 
#1 ·
Just got an 2018 Outback last week. My old car, a VW, had a nice cubby in the glove compartment where to store the manual. Is there a place in the Outback where the manual is suppose to live, aside from taking over the glove compartment?

#2 ·
Just got an 2018 Outback last week. My old car, a VW, had a nice cubby in the glove compartment where to store the manual. Is there a place in the Outback where the manual is suppose to live, aside from taking over the glove compartment?

Thanks,
Jaime
Armrest, under the seat, in the trunk (where the styrofoam cutout is for retractable trunk cover).

#7 ·
Yup, the first thing I did when I brought my new Outback home was to pull the manuals from the glove box so that I could actually have space to USE the glovebox!

I have electronic versions of the manual(s) in my cloud storage account so I can access the content from any of my devices anywhere​.

Paper manuals in my recliner magazine pouch.

#14 ·
I put the pdf's in iBooks so I could quickly search the topic of interest and go straight to it, or see everywhere a certain term is mentioned. Much better than paper form.
Once I find the spot in the manual I seek, I figure out whether a paper copy would be more valuable, and either print it, or go find the manual hiding in a storage box with the factory speakers, the factory floor mats, the factory interior bulbs, and anything else that would go with the car if/when it was sold.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.