Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013, OB Limited, 2.5, dark gray. July 2016 - approx 55,000 miles.
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My drivers seat on my 2013 limited, is the grey, however the bottom cushion leather has the start of a crack. I'd really like to get a lower mileage OEM leather cover that I can install in place of my one. I don't want to change color or go aftermarket like the Katzkin's ones etc.

Or if you only want one piece, is it possible/best go to the dealer?

When I google or look on ebay, I don't see any. How do I find a local wrecker with a 2013/2014 that I might be able to get just that piece cheap from? I'd love to replace all the seat covers with the SAP brown, but that's way too big a project for me.

Thanks,

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited. White, Sunroof, 2.5, CVT. Bought 2/15/11. Love it! Broke 109K, 2/20.
434 Posts
The idea of a wrecking yard makes sense. I found this online. Don't know anything about them

·
Registered
2011 Outback 3.6R Limited 2013 Crosstrek Premium
37 Posts
should be able to get from the dealer. then I would highly recommend having an automotive upholstery installing it. upholstery is pretty hard. I've tried my hand in it a few times. not the best work. if you want to save money there you could do the removal and install of the seat and drop it off/pick it up at the upholstery shop.

look up LKQ or auto wrecking online. most are now inter connected and can look at inventory all over the country. first problem an "A" grade seat is not going to be cheap. second problem with a used complete seat will be shipping if you can't find one locally.

you might also scour local internet classifieds for a part out but same two problems are likely. oh and not to mention actually finding the right color.

·
Registered
11 Posts
After being quoted $2000 to replace the torn covers on my seat by the dealer, I found one in a junkyard for $250. I don't think the yard realized the baseball-glove-brown Special Appearance Package seats are very rare. The seat was not hard to replace at all. 4 plastic covers over the bolts, and I think 3 groups of electrical connectors to unplug. Take the old one out and put the new one in. I'd recommend just replacing the whole seat. I chopped my old seat into pieces in order to recycle it and it's a pretty complicated animal inside. Car-Part.com has pages of them (near me) for between $65 and $200. Unless you have the brown ones like me there are no shortage of black and tan leather seats. As far as I have seen, those are really the only colors available but I am FAR from an expert.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
I think it's only the three leather color options for that year.

car-part.com is great. I've used them to find a painted fender to match a car before, instead of shelling out $$$ for the part and someone to paint. Also a nice chrome XLT rear bumper for a truck. Sometimes you have to be patient, but it's a great way to find stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts