Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm new to this forum, but not entirely new to Subaru's. I am trying to put some aftermarket LED light strips throughout the interior of my 2010 Outback, and I was wondering if anyone could point out the easiest place to wire into for continuous power, under the front seats. I have heated/electric seats as my Outback is a 'premium' with cold weather package.

I see several large wiring harnesses underneath the seat, but I haven't been able to find any information about which might suffice for continuous power for under-seat lighting. Any help would be appreciated!

·
Premium Member
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,300 Posts
Check to see if your cigarette lighter/12V plug thing is always hot or only hot during accessory. If it's only hot during accessory/on, then tap in there. The draw will be negligible compared to other stuff you'd use on it.

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
6,359 Posts
Agree with @botenredwolf - and I would add that if that plan doesn't pan out, stay away from anything else that's in in the wire harnesses under the seats. Reason is that the power-adjustable seats are always hot (which takes the phrase "continuously powered" to a new level, it will eventually run down your battery); also the heated seats are switched at the console, with no direct power feed into the seat wire harnesses (at least that's the way it is in my 2008). All the other stuff down there (seat belt sensors, occupancy sensors) you don't want to be messing with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts