Subaru Outback Forums banner

Which 2013 Outback Accessories

5K views 23 replies 18 participants last post by  njl00 
#1 ·
Purchased a new Outback 2013 2.5i Premium+AWP+Mirror with Compass. The came with Rear Bumper cover, splash guards, rear cargo net. Wondering what else should I buy and where from. This is my first Subaru and I'm a Honda guy till now. Please tell the must have accessories (functional not for looks) and cheapest place to buy them.

#2 ·
if you have a dog, consider a Canvasback liner. I just ordered one from Canvasback. I haven't gotten it yet (I should have it in a few days) but it looks to be one of the better things to keep the dog hair (mostly) out of the carpet in the back.

Weathertech floormats. I have these and they are as good as they are expensive.

I am considering a cargo organizer (Subaru or some other). I am hesitating because I would like one that clips to the tie down loops in the back.

#5 ·
Heuberger in Colorado Springs. 25% if you order online. Usually even better than Subarupartsonline.com

#11 ·
I got rear seat back protectors, rear bumper cover, and all weather mats from subaruonlineparts.

I do want the wheel well cladding at some point, just to complete the exterior look of the car and protect the lips of the wheel well from rock dings. I'll also get the front windows tinted to match the rear.

#12 ·
My car came with the rear bumper cover and all weather mats. I wanted to keep it at a minimum. I purchased rally armors and installed the day after.

I don't particularly like the all weather mats because it doesn't cover over the gas pedal.

As for add ons, I plan on adding 19mm rear sway, door side moldings, and possibly a front window tint.

#16 ·
I got the WXTech mats for a family member for Christmas. I'll be replacing the all weather mats in my OB shortly... They are SOOOO much nicer.

Now, the rear cargo mat? The OE is fine.

I've got:

Rear Seat protector
All WX mats
Hood bug guard
Moon roof deflector
Body side moldings
Wheel well moldings
Side cargo nets

And i switched out the interior and license plate lights with LEDs. I may look at switching out the speakers at some point. Who knows. I'm pretty happy with it as is.

#17 ·
Mine came with the rear cargo net installed...which I think just gets in the way. I'm wondering if there's really any difference between it and the rear seatback cargo net...and am wondering if I could get another set of mushroom anchors, if I could mount them at the marked forward mounting points and have the flexibility of using my existing rear cargo net in the rear or closer to the seat backs?

#21 ·
Mine came with the rear cargo net installed...which I think just gets in the way. I'm wondering if there's really any difference between it and the rear seatback cargo net...and am wondering if I could get another set of mushroom anchors, if I could mount them at the marked forward mounting points and have the flexibility of using my existing rear cargo net in the rear or closer to the seat backs?
I guess it depends on what you're throwing back there, but I like the regular rear cargo net for everyday use. It makes it easy to throw grocery bags and other small things in the back without having to worry about stuff rolling around.

I don't have the rear seat back cargo net installed, but I would imagine it would be a PITA to have to crawl into the boot to grab anything out of it.

#18 ·
Puddle Lights are cool. Only worth it if you can install yourself.

Weathertech mats for sure.

#19 ·
I'm going against the grain.

Forget the Seat Back Protectors and get the full coverage Canvasback liner instead. No clips to break off and can be easily taken out whenever and no holes to drill through the seat back. Wheel wells and floor covered too. No "seam" or gap in coverage with seats folded down.

Go with the Husky mats. Way better coverage than the over advertised Weathertec's with equal quality and price.

#20 ·
Go with the Husky mats. Way better coverage than the over advertised Weathertec's with equal quality and price.
Yes, as much as I love WT, the Husky liners go further up the foot well than the WT do. That was my concern after putting a hole in the carpet just from the heal of a sneaker wearing the carpet down to the backing in a very short time.

I too have the seatback protection, cargo mat. It's a must-have!

After spending time in it, many members here have changes the rear sway bar that is 16MM to a 19MM and have great results from the change.

If you have cloth seats, seat covers are another must.

Deanski

#22 ·
I was able to get the dealer to throw in a bunch of stuff to sweeten the deal and match what another dealership was offering. I ended up with:

Remote Start (H011SAJ400)
Bodyside Molding (J101SAJ300BI)
Cargo Mat
Rear Cargo Net
Rear Bumper Cover
All Weather Mats (agree that there are better choices, but free is always good!)

I added the Splash Guards afterwards. Interesting thing here. The current part number is J101SAJ500, and they typically sell for around $90 or so online. The old part number ended in 100 and was available for about half that in October. The difference?? Nothing according to several parts guys - new supplier. So I ordered the J101SAJ100 for under $50 on clearance, and they shipped me the current part number guards!

#23 ·
I was able to get the dealer to throw in a bunch of stuff to sweeten the deal and match what another dealership was offering. I ended up with:

Remote Start (H011SAJ400)
Bodyside Molding (J101SAJ300BI)
Cargo Mat
Rear Cargo Net
Rear Bumper Cover
All Weather Mats (agree that there are better choices, but free is always good!)
You think like me. :29:

To finalize the negotiations, I flipped through the Subaru Accessories pamphlet and picked several items and they gladly threw them in for free to close the deal: I got the side window vent shades, that I might add look exceptionally tasteful do to their clever matching design. They are the best I have ever seen. Several aftermarket versions look tacky. I got the Subaru logoed blue & black colored cargo box/bag that I use more than I ever magined. I also got some rear quarter panel black rubber protectors(not the oem rear bumper protector), that I have yet to install and may never due to my questioning the actual protection they would offer. I believe I got another item that does not come to mind as I type this post.

There are many great Subaru accessory items but they are very costly due to the high margin pricing. Some are very useful and add to your ownership experience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.