Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install an AUX/Bluetooth adapter on my car, and I can't find one. Has anyone installed one in their Subaru XT? What parts do I need and where can I get them. Help please - Thank You!

·
Registered
Lawn ornament XT
14,366 Posts
The very best is to install an aftermarket head unit. If your XT is a limited, this will require a very expensive JDM mount kit as detailed in this thread. (note- if you have the base trim with the 3 round manual knobs for climate control, you can get a cheap kit from Metra that does the trick. Crutchfield & others sell this)

Second best is to install a 2007-2009 stereo. It has an analog aux input, and is a direct swap otherwise.

Third best is the Jazzy hack on your existing stereo.

After those, you can do the FM radio thing with a griffin adapter etc.

Welcome & good luck!

·
Registered
2005 Subaru Outback XT Limited 5MT
224 Posts
I know this is an old thread but does anyone have a part number for the XT Limited stereo with dual climate control.

I'm curious how much it would cost for a replacement drop in for my new 05 XT Limited.

·
Registered
06 OBW 2.5i Ltd 5MT
195 Posts
I know this is an old thread but does anyone have a part number for the XT Limited stereo with dual climate control.

I'm curious how much it would cost for a replacement drop in for my new 05 XT Limited.
P-204UH is the model for dual climate and mp3/aux stereo. I recently swapped one in to replace my 2006 head unit P-203UH. They show up on the auction site for time to time, usually for around $250.

Detailed info and Aux input solutions here, Subaru Legacy / Liberty / Outback BL BP OEM HU Transplant

·
Registered
2005 Subaru Outback XT Limited 5MT
224 Posts

·
Registered
'11WRX, '05OutbackLL
21 Posts
OK so might have found a HU from an 08. I understand the Aux input instructions and the need to modify the i85 in order to add that connectivity. My question is, if I don't necessarily need an "Aux" can I just buy the subaru iPod adapter cord ($90) and plug it into the rear? Would I still need to do any of the other mods to play iPod? I assume the controls would still work on the HU? Thanks.

·
Registered
Lawn ornament XT
14,366 Posts
You might do better with the GROM box. The subaru adapter was designed for older ipods, so compatibility will eventually suffer if it doesn't already.

The GROMs don't cost much more, and you can hop straight to bluetooth and raw USB connectivity. They should work fine with the '08 head unit.

·
Registered
'11WRX, '05OutbackLL
21 Posts
Oh sick it includes bluetooth? Sold! I could skip the aux input as well? It just plugs into the rear? Thanks for the quick reply, btw.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts