Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Outback 2.5i Premium, CVT, Steel Silver, all-weather package. Upgrades: Tweeter kit, BlueConnect, media hub, remote start, Curt 2" receiver hitch.
1,127 Posts
I have the T-one version. It works perfectly. The only difference is that the Curt one has a chassis ground wire (you have to find a place to screw it to the car), and the T-one gets its ground from the Subaru connector.

I went with the cheaper and easier one, and it works will all of my trailers.

EDIT: by the way, it makes no difference if you have the 2.5i or the 3.6R. The trailer wiring is exactly the same.

·
Registered
2012 Outback 3.6R
511 Posts
I used these two items on my 2012 Outback 3.6R as I was also doing trailer brakes.

118467 T-One Vehicle Wiring Harness with 4 Pole Trailer Connector
ETBC7 Brake Controller 7 & 4 Way Installation Kit - 10 Gauge

The ETBC7 had a 10 Gauge ground wire that needed to be attached to the frame of the car.

·
Registered
2011 OB 3.6R Ltd
321 Posts
I ordered both to see the differences uphand since I would need two for my wiring project (reverse brake lockout). They're relatively similar except for the key difference that mcbrew pointed out. I prefer the T-one just because it was the least amount of work and was just plug and play. I'm sure that the Curt would have been fine as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts