Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2010 outback. base 2.5
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine was purchased in July of 09. Anybody else have one older and how has it been holding up. I have also been spared the dreaded shake issue although windy driving is a hassle. I have the original RSB. I'm thinking of upgrading. I have the other quirks- Shift lock noise,brake clunk, gurgle noise behind the spedo when at idle and premature fabric wear.

·
Registered
2010 2.5i Outback, 2015 2.5i Legacy w/Eyesight
589 Posts
Are you looking for age in years only regardless of how long it sat in someones garage or do you want miles as well?

I will add my info when I get a chance to confirm, but I believe mine was a mid-2010 production.

·
Registered
22,806 Posts
Mine was purchased in July of 09. Anybody else have one older and how has it been holding up. I have also been spared the dreaded shake issue although windy driving is a hassle. I have the original RSB. I'm thinking of upgrading. I have the other quirks- Shift lock noise,brake clunk, gurgle noise behind the spedo when at idle and premature fabric wear.
Our 2010 Gen4 Legacy was on the first truck load of Gen4's delivered to the dealer in Nov 09. by January 2010 most dealers had at least one to two truck loads of the first cars by then.

Are you sure you didn't mean July 2010? Subaru usually doesn't roll out the new model year till September the year prior so first 2010's started to ship in September 09 - even my 2001 was like that bought first week in Nov 2001 the first batch of 2002's were literally sitting on the truck in the parking lot being unloaded as I drove my new 2001 off the lot.

Our 2010 OB was bought in April 2010 long after the first cars started hitting the lots in Sept/Nov 09.

·
Registered
2004 Outback Wagon, 2.5, 4EAT, All weather package.
1,036 Posts
Our 2010 Gen4 Legacy was on the first truck load of Gen4's delivered to the dealer in Nov 09. by January 2010 most dealers had at least one to two truck loads of the first cars by then.

Are you sure you didn't mean July 2010? Subaru usually doesn't roll out the new model year till September the year prior so first 2010's started to ship in September 09 - even my 2001 was like that bought first week in Nov 2001 the first batch of 2002's were literally sitting on the truck in the parking lot being unloaded as I drove my new 2001 off the lot.

Our 2010 OB was bought in April 2010 long after the first cars started hitting the lots in Sept/Nov 09.
Friend of mine bought her '09 Forester in I think May or June of 2008, it was literally one of the first 3 on the lot at Baierl Subaru.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Touring XT, in Crystal White Pearl
1,011 Posts
My 2010 OB was made in September 2009, and then I bought it in October, 2009. But I think Subaru started making the 2010 models (at least for the new Outback) in June of 2009 - they were ahead of the usual intro date for 2010 models by a few months. So the July 2009 purchaser who started this thread does have one of the very earliest, I think.

Mine is a 3.6R Limited, and during those first few months they were very hard to come by. Most dealers only had one or two 3.6's - I was lucky to find one that was pretty much exactly the way I wanted it.

I'm just getting ready to turn over 80,000 miles. I've had one or two little annoyances, but am basically very happy. One thing that amazes me is that I'm still on the original brake pads, both front and rear.

·
Registered
2010 outback. base 2.5
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Nope, As the poster above mentioned Subaru made started shipping the 10's 6 of 09. My build date is 6-09 and it was at my dealer July or the early part of August of 09. I'm thinking I got one of first or close to it produced.

·
Registered
2010 outback. base 2.5
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you looking for age in years only regardless of how long it sat in someones garage or do you want miles as well?

I will add my info when I get a chance to confirm, but I believe mine was a mid-2010 production.
Build date. Anybody have one produced before June of 09?

·
Registered
2011 OB 2.5i Prem CVT HK/AWP, Ruby Red Pearl
3,321 Posts
So PG, how many miles on your ride?
6MT I presume, any long term driveability issues? How's the Boxer holding up?

·
Registered
2011 Subie 3.6R Limited 2013 Cmax e=nergi PHEV
824 Posts

·
Registered
2010,2.5 limited black
25 Posts
We purchased our 2010 Outback in Aug.of 09.Just rolled off the truck and was not even prepped when we purchased.Currently with 37,000 miles ,only problem was the rear brakes and that was done under warrenty.Assume it was built in July 09.

·
Registered
2016 Outback Ltd 2.5 eyesight Nav push button Hole in roof, Lapis Blue
737 Posts
Whell this is easy what are the last 6 digits of your VIN ? that would say a lot !

·
Registered
2010 outback. base 2.5
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So PG, how many miles on your ride?
6MT I presume, any long term driveability issues? How's the Boxer holding up?
I have a grand total of 24,500 miles on her. Still a baby a after almost 4 years!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts