Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
22,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I now have three 2010's looking to have the filters done. So trying to track down a cheap source. I don't do Ebay been screwed too many times.

I've seen prices in the $12 range mentioned in the forums but oddly enough no mention as to who was selling em for that.

Amazon is looking like $17 with free shipping but that seems pretty high to me.

·
Registered
2004 Outback Wagon, 2.5, 4EAT, All weather package.
1,040 Posts
Looks like $8 on RockAuto.

·
Registered
2011 OB 2.5i Prem CVT HK/AWP, Ruby Red Pearl
3,321 Posts
Amazon… I just picked up an intake Fram CA9997 (2.5i) for $9.39, $25 free shipping along with other stuff.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Amazon. Mostly b/c I do Amazon prime, so free 2 day shipping and price is competitive.

·
Registered
22,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Amazon… I just picked up an intake Fram CA9997 (2.5i) for $9.39, $25 fee shipping along with other stuff.
Thx Gas!
Found it oddly enough I had to search twice for that one to show up. I wonder some times if Amazon doesn't tweak its search results and pricing for certain regions ;-)

So odd that FRAM's website doesn't allow you to look up your car for the matching filter part numbers.

·
Registered
2004 Outback Wagon, 2.5, 4EAT, All weather package.
1,040 Posts

·
Registered
22,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Done Amazon prime free two day shipping.

I feel like we are putting the UPS guys kids through school personally. Since moving to the Burbs we buy most of our random crap on Amazon.

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
4,771 Posts
Just bought mine from subaruonlineparts...and received an email that there is a 2 to 4 week lead time...WT? That is nuts. Oh well, still way cheaper than the dealer.

·
Registered
'11 Outback 2.5i CVT - '06 Forester X 5MT
1,766 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
4,771 Posts
Just bought mine from subaruonlineparts...and received an email that there is a 2 to 4 week lead time...WT? That is nuts. Oh well, still way cheaper than the dealer.
...found out the lead time is due to the fact that I ordered the rear seat back protectors with my filters etc. and they are in huge demand...shortage...and they have to come from Japan...hence the long lead time. Oh well, still too cold to be at that anyway. By the time they arrive it will be nice and warm and t will make a great weekend project. :29:

·
Registered
2011 Outback 2.5i Premium CVT PZEV
225 Posts
O'Reilly Auto Parts and I use a Wix brand filter

·
Registered
2012 Outback 3.6R
511 Posts
I needed a filter before I start a 2000 mile trip so did not have time to shop around. Could not find a Fram CA9997 at Walmart. Went to NAPA. They had two filters for my Outback. One was about 9$ and the other was $18. The $18 was a cross for the Fram CA9997 and the $9 was what the NAPA book showed for the Outback. When I compared the two filters the $18 filter had more pleats than the original Subaru filter and the 9$ filter one had about 1/2 as many pleats as the original Subaru filter.. Big difference in the two filters.
I went with the $18 filter as I am in Arizona and the dust storms down here has some very fine sand in them.

·
Registered
Tungsten 2017 2.5 Limited w Eyesight SOLD!
1,043 Posts
Just remember that you get what you pay for and Fram plain sucks IMHO... Advance Auto has good prices and decent quality as does O'Reilly and NAPA.. YMMV

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,528 Posts
NAPA has good stuff - I have been buying stuff for my 3rd Subaru (especially filters - cabin and air) there for years! Those air filters are made in Poland......that is no joke!
Poland supplies whole EU with air filters - like Hungary does with bulbs (Osram plant is in Hungary).

·
Registered
2011 OB 2.5i Prem CVT HK/AWP, Ruby Red Pearl
3,321 Posts
Remember too this is an air intake/cabin, not oil, filter thread – essentially a visual app/condition. As for Fram (sucks), the oem is a Honeywell filter.<O:p</O:p

1 - 20 of 25 Posts