Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Entertaining, but they didn't really say anything.
Yep, especially when the lady mentioned multiple times how peppy and powerful she found her Subaru's. Makes me wonder what else she has driven in her life.

·
SubaruOutback.org Founder
2018 Outback Limited 2.5L - 100,000+ miles
4,946 Posts
Yep, especially when the lady mentioned multiple times how peppy and powerful she found her Subaru's. Makes me wonder what else she has driven in her life.
Well this is a Honda video after all, I went from a Honduh to a Subaru because the Hondur was a total dog and found the Subaru more formidable.

P.S. I don't know what caused me more brain damage, watching the video or reading the comment section.

·
Registered
2010 Outback 3.6R 2014 Legacy 2.5i 2003 Legacy L special edition (retired to backup)
1,236 Posts
lol at Honda being a dog... their v6 are far from it... Subaru advantage is you can take it off road and their entire lineup (sans BRZ) eats snow and other obstacles for breakfast. a V6 RDX will run circles around an Outback 3.6R all day long in terms of acceleration beating it to 6 by 1.2 seconds on average...

·
Registered
2017 Outback Premium, 2.5l, Venetian Red Pearl
233 Posts
There's certainly nothing wrong with the CR-V. It has awesome reliability like most other Honda's.

Yet, I agree...there is a Subaru cult. And I guess I'm part of that. I just love my Subie still, even after nearly four years. It simply meets all my sometimes weird and unique needs. The length, ground clearance, awesome AWD performance (when combined with good tires, of course) and the interior organization are simply perfect for my own specific needs.

Really, for me, the Subaru Outback is the perfect "road trip" vehicle. That's kind of why I bough it - not to be a commuter car or used to head to the shopping mall or grocery store.

I guess that is what I love about it the most. Other vehicles like the CR-V are great too, but I can't sleep in it like I can in my Outback. Nor could I take other cross-overs on some of the more sketchy roads I sometimes find myself on. Oh, my cat also loves it too (as much as any cat loves a car, I guess). She gets the whole backseat to herself and I have the rest of the car for everything else.

Road trips and the Subaru Outback are the perfect match. Especially at 33mpg at 65mph, which is what I average on the Interstate.

Edit - One more thing. I think one reason Subaru's have a bit of a cult to them, and especially the Outback, is that they are different than other vehicles. The Outback is basically the "lone station" wagon made now. There isn't really anything comparable to it in how it runs, its features (aka, the awd system) and how it looks.

It's been my experience that "stuff that is good" and "is different" tends to develop a bit of a cult following (aka, kind of like Apple has - and yes, I'm an Apple fanboy too!).

Finally, remember that the Outback has been around forever. I mean, how many cars have a 30+ year run? Let alone ones that are meant for offroad use and have a great AWD system? 30 years is a long time to develop a bit of a cult following!

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Finally, remember that the Outback has been around forever. I mean, how many cars have a 30+ year run?
There are quite a few. Corvette, Mustang, F150, Silverado, Accord, Civic, Corolla, 4Runner, etc. OB still has a few years to go before it reaches the 30 year milestone.

I've done road trips in my OB and my Cadillac. I will take the Cadillac over the OB any day as a road trip car.

Reactions: Brucey

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Lapis Blue
3,971 Posts
Corvette, Mustang, F150, Silverado, Accord, Civic, Corolla, 4Runner, etc.
Speaking of enthusiasts, other than a maybe a couple of models over all the years those all were made, there isn't anything on that list that would get me feeling enthusiastic.
Then again it's pretty much the same for me with Subaru as well.

·
Registered
2017 Outback Premium, 2.5l, Venetian Red Pearl
233 Posts
There are quite a few. Corvette, Mustang, F150, Silverado, Accord, Civic, Corolla, 4Runner, etc. OB still has a few years to go before it reaches the 30 year milestone.

I've done road trips in my OB and my Cadillac. I will take the Cadillac over the OB any day as a road trip car.
For pure highway driving, I'd probably take the Cadillac too. But you aren't going to be taking your caddy on the roads I often travel on!

·
Registered
2018 Outback Premium 2.5
337 Posts
The first huge winter storm we had, my wife drives through the unplowed neighborhood... while everyone was watching in awe...
Subi Awd is awesome for sure

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts