Subaru Outback Forums banner

161 - 165 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Outback 3.6R Package 23
1,619 Posts
yes I know that is why I said V6 which it was up until 2019. Turbo 4? no thanks, the V6 is way smoother and that J series is a tank in terms of durability... the comparison is valid as they are in the same ball park once you get up to the top end on the OB models.
My point was that the comparison isn't valid because they're a totally different class of vehicle. The Outback cabin is much bigger than an RDX. That has nothing to do with price.

You can kind of say the same about the 6-cylinder Outback I own vs an XT. The 3.6R is known to be bomb-proof and smooth. The XT long term reliability and ownership costs really won't be known for 4 or 5 years. I don't plan to replace mine for a couple of years and I'm watching data on the XT carefully. Who knows? My requirements by then may have totally changed.

·
Registered
2010 Outback 3.6R 2014 Legacy 2.5i 2003 Legacy L special edition (retired to backup)
690 Posts
^ they are overlapping in price and therefore are comparable... that was the point. I have personally cross shopped them and I am not the only one as around here Acura and Subaru are next to each other at every dealer (they are shared dealerships)

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 2016 OB had no issues so far. Tyres change at 54k.Windshield crack due to a rock hit at highway speeds.

I regularly service at dealership every 6k miles. So far it's been great. Touchwood.

·
Registered
2015 Outback 3.6R Package 23
1,619 Posts
^ they are overlapping in price and therefore are comparable... that was the point. I have personally cross shopped them and I am not the only one as around here Acura and Subaru are next to each other at every dealer (they are shared dealerships)
A Harley-Davidson CVO Limited has a $44k MSRP. Can I compare that, too?

·
Registered
2010 Outback 3.6R 2014 Legacy 2.5i 2003 Legacy L special edition (retired to backup)
690 Posts
A Harley-Davidson CVO Limited has a $44k MSRP. Can I compare that, too?
ah yes master you are so right... lol quit being obtuse

you prolly think people would not cross shop Volvo against outback either amirite? How about Honda, Ford, GM, etcetera... people will compare every car that is in their price range or offer similar capabilities. But hey, what do I know, only bee car shopping for the last 35 years...

161 - 165 of 165 Posts