Subaru Outback Forums banner

Why name them?

5K views 17 replies 16 participants last post by  TchTchr 
#1 ·
I wanted share this pic of my vehicles: Big Red: 2003 2500 Suburban and Little Red: 2000 H4 Subaru OBW. I know, naming them is kinda weird. But because their brand names are so close, I needed a way for the family to tell them apart. Ex. Tell daughter I will pick her up from school in Little Red and she looks for the Subaru not the Suburban.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Minivan

See less See more
#5 ·
The Subaru I sometimes refer to as "Susie". None of my other cars are named, except maybe the 99 GTP I call it the piece of **** :p. In the past, my parents cars have been named. Our '78 Grand Marquis we had when I was growing up was nickamed Christine after it apparently drove itself around our cul-de-sac. The '81 Ford Fairmont we had near the same time was nicknamed Junior. because it was smaller than Christine. The AMC Spirit we had at the same time was either named Peewee or Zippy depending on who you talked to. And the '85 Caprice Classic wagon we had was named The Bomb because it had a Chevy V8, and that era of Chevy V8 was known for "dieseling", where it continues to sputter even after you shut it off, sometimes backfiring. Also the first three letters of the license plate happened to be BMB.

My buddy Rich, has had several cars. Most of them have been Grand Prixs. They were named AJAM I, AJAM II, AMY, AJ, Anthony, and the Azera he has now, he named Shonte. He's weird.

#11 ·
my 2000 OB is shiela
my 2004 OB hasnt given me a name yet
and my 2002 wrx is thumper. because my neighbor's little girl thought thats what the car said when it was on and it kind of stuck.

i think names work good for multiple subarus that way you can just refer to the name rather than saying the 2004 subaru blah blah blah

#12 ·
Three of our four have names:

Mom's 2001 OB Limited Sedan is "Christine." Not sure why.
Sister's '98 Legacy GT Wagon is "Carlos." I think she calls it that because "Car" is in the name.
Dad's '98 OB Limited Wagon is "Russell," because before he "fixed" it, there was quite a bit of visible rust on the body.

My 2008 does not have a name, nor did my 2004. I sometimes refer to it as the "Bean Machine," since both the '08 and '04 are L.L. Bean Edition Outbacks.

#15 ·
i see people using lesbaru every now and then, so i think ill start referring to mine as "LesBlueru." its amazing how many cars i've had and how ive never been attached to any as much as i am now. i love my car. its slow as ****, but its perfect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.