Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Outback Premium; 2009 Forester X
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot find anyone who sells affordable CV axles for my 2016 Outback. OEM are over $300 each-part only

any ideas

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,329 Posts
'best value' over-all replacement is used axles - possibly with new boots installed. check car-part.com

If your present axle just split its boot and lost grease, it 'may' be OK - tell us more.

There are axles from FEQ and suretrac and empi and raxles, etc. but they have variable reputations. For certain, typical rebuilt axles from parts stores have the worst reputations.

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
4,530 Posts
Go with OEM. I had my front left axle replaced by our dealer...they did not have an OEM and replaced it with a NAPA part. That axle failed, they replaced that with another CRAPA axle and that one failed too. They finally put an OEM axle in and it has been good so far.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
25,802 Posts
Go with OEM. I had my front left axle replaced by our dealer...they did not have an OEM and replaced it with a NAPA part. That axle failed, they replaced that with another CRAPA axle and that one failed too. They finally put an OEM axle in and it has been good so far.
... my factory front axles started to crap out in the past 2 years so I think I have bought 3 or so.

napa HD on my 2002 cars right now. (not remans, new ones with HD boots, and they did not even want the cores)

·
Registered
2015 3.6R Limited w/ES
2,766 Posts
My dealer wanted $750 to replace my front left axle. Local Subaru indy shop wasn't able to find Gen 5 Outback axles from their usual source (guessing rebuilder), so installed a new OE for about $400.

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
4,530 Posts
... my factory front axles started to crap out in the past 2 years so I think I have bought 3 or so.

napa HD on my 2002 cars right now. (not remans, new ones with HD boots, and they did not even want the cores)
...the first replacement the dealership put on was a remanufactured one...when it failed and I took it back they said they wouldn’t cover it because they didn’t put it on...then I had them check their records...the look on the service managers face was priceless. Then they put another one on...arse holes...it failed too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts