Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Real world every day people having fun with stock cars - the Lowly Legacy wagon dominated the night.

To bad American's can't get over the Marketing spin that Wagon SUV's are some how superior to proper Wagons. LOL

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
If I lived in the low lands where it doesn't snow, I would agree with you. However, I only bought a Subaru because they make some of the best AWD cars, and sometimes I have to go through a couple of feet of unplowed snow. The difference in ground clearance is very valuable on those occasions, and worth the penalty the rest of the time.

If I didn't NEED AWD, I would have bought a Toyota.

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I lived in the low lands where it doesn't snow, I would agree with you. However, I only bought a Subaru because they make some of the best AWD cars, and sometimes I have to go through a couple of feet of unplowed snow. The difference in ground clearance is very valuable on those occasions, and worth the penalty the rest of the time.

If I didn't NEED AWD, I would have bought a Toyota.

Legacy in the type of snow we get. 11yrs of that never got the legacy stuck. I find that people who have never had a legacy havent a clue what it takes to get one stuck.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Agree 100% that the lift kit and plastic cladding were a marketing ploy which proved essential to Subaru's survival in the US market in late 1990s, and beyond. It was a huge success from the get-go (so much so that people were overwhelmingly choosing the 2.5 phase-I JunkMotor over the super-reliable 2.2).

·
Registered
303 Posts
While I agree Legacy wagons are awesome, a gen-4 GT isn't exactly lowly.

Are you really winning when the competition is a 12 year old truck, a horrible excuse for a Monte-Carlo, and a LT1 Camaro? :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
cmill1154
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing