Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Limited w/EyeSight
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious. I have an early 2013 with 4000+ miles. I did have alignment after poor tire wear showed up but handles just the same.

Honestly, I don't see the problem. Work requires I drive in the worst conditions and I don't sense the problem. My mind wanders, my bike riding wanders, my guitar playing wanders, the dog wanders, but I can get in the car to wander with or without roof box and load, headwind, cross wind, and drive it fine.

EyeSight has beeped a few times but that wandering was misreading marks on road or human error.

The steering isn't as brainless as our minivan but the whole car handles better.

I feel rather alone with nav system the only thing to complain about.

·
Registered
2004 Outback Wagon, 2.5, 4EAT, All weather package.
1,040 Posts
I think the 2013s are a lot better for this issue, but I am no expert.

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
LOL even my 2010 seems to be pretty much your normal tall car and only wanders when the wind blows it or the road surface sucks. Oddly enough my truck is the same way.

However the OB is no sports sedan or even just your average camry regarding handling and most people today all want a Camry or better type handling.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5 (wife's), 2015 WRX
60 Posts
Mine wouldn't wander either when I first got it. After a few tweaks to the suspension and increasing the tire pressure, it's just right.

Seriously though, they all do it. If you can't feel it, you must not be in tune with your inner Subaru.

·
Registered
2013 Limited w/EyeSight
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the 2013s are a lot better for this issue, but I am no expert.
Maybe I should have qualified we've been driving a 2011 Ltd that's in the family before I got the 2013. My wife drove it 110 miles in freeway crosswind Saturday. Her comments were the 2013 doesn't get whipped around as much but the late 2011 Outback was better than her Sienna minivan in wind.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
I wonder why another thread was started about wander?

·
Registered
2004 Outback Wagon, 2.5, 4EAT, All weather package.
1,040 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Legacy Lim CVT Car: 2011 OB Prem 6MT Car: 2006 Miata GT 6MT mc: 2003 Honda GL1800A * Reunite Gondwanaland *
3,567 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Outback 3.6L Limited with EyeSight
218 Posts
Well, my 2013 Outback DOES lane wander a bit; of course this is due to 38 psi of air in the front tires. :D

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
My 2013 wanders much less than my 2012 did, but it still does it somewhat. I guess for a high profile SUV/Crossover it's pretty par for the course.

·
Registered
2012 OUTBACK 2.5 LIMITED SILVER ICE Metallic, moon and nav free
1,220 Posts
If you don't continually try to move the wheel to always be over correcting you wont wander. It is the nature of the "older" owner who still drives like it was a 1972 Skylark. Lol

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Premium
232 Posts
One in a while my 2013 Outback wonders, if it should take the right or the left turn lane. But most of the time it will not second guess my lane decisions!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts