Subaru Outback Forums banner

Why won't my car lane wonder?

2K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  Hudsoner 
#1 ·
I'm curious. I have an early 2013 with 4000+ miles. I did have alignment after poor tire wear showed up but handles just the same.

Honestly, I don't see the problem. Work requires I drive in the worst conditions and I don't sense the problem. My mind wanders, my bike riding wanders, my guitar playing wanders, the dog wanders, but I can get in the car to wander with or without roof box and load, headwind, cross wind, and drive it fine.

EyeSight has beeped a few times but that wandering was misreading marks on road or human error.

The steering isn't as brainless as our minivan but the whole car handles better.

I feel rather alone with nav system the only thing to complain about.

#2 ·
I think the 2013s are a lot better for this issue, but I am no expert.

#6 ·
Maybe I should have qualified we've been driving a 2011 Ltd that's in the family before I got the 2013. My wife drove it 110 miles in freeway crosswind Saturday. Her comments were the 2013 doesn't get whipped around as much but the late 2011 Outback was better than her Sienna minivan in wind.

#4 ·
LOL even my 2010 seems to be pretty much your normal tall car and only wanders when the wind blows it or the road surface sucks. Oddly enough my truck is the same way.

However the OB is no sports sedan or even just your average camry regarding handling and most people today all want a Camry or better type handling.

#7 ·
I wonder why another thread was started about wander?

#13 ·
My 2013 wanders much less than my 2012 did, but it still does it somewhat. I guess for a high profile SUV/Crossover it's pretty par for the course.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.