Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 Carbide Gray
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited CVT Station Wagon

<DT class=secondaryPrice>MSRP</DT><DD class=secondaryPrice>$34,236 </DD><DT class="secondaryPrice discountAmount">Savings</DT><DD class="secondaryPrice discountAmount">-$4,245 </DD><DT class="secondaryPrice adjustedPrice">Our Best Price</DT><DD class="secondaryPrice adjustedPrice">$29,991 </DD>Included Packages

<DL><DT>Moonroof & Nav System Featuring Aha & EyeSight ($0) </DT><DD>Moonroof Package</DD><DD>Navigation System</DD><DD>EyeSight System</DD><DD>Rear Vision Camera In Audio Display</DD><DD>Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror w/Homelink</DD><DD>Aha Infotainment</DD><DD>Pre-Collision System</DD><DD>Lane Departure Warning</DD><DD>Adaptive Cruise Control</DD></DL>Additional Options

• All Weather Floor Mats
  • Rear Bumper Cover
  • Splash Guards

·
Registered
2012 OUTBACK 2.5 LIMITED SILVER ICE Metallic, moon and nav free
1,220 Posts
Seems about the usual discount to me. 3500-4000 off is the norm.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I don't know, that is a deep discount for a popular car. I don't believe there is $4k in profit on these cars for the dealer. I would take an expert with you to inspect this car thoroughly if you buy it. It could have been a car damaged on the lot and was painted, fixed or repaired by the dealer themselves.

Otherwise not showing up on a CarFax. I mean why else would a dealer take this deep of a discount on a car like this without even negotiating? Is it a weird color or package?

I was worried slightly with my car as it had the deepest discount out of any other car on the lot and it's a satin white, 2.5i, SAP. MSRP was $34,970 and the dealer had it listed on their web site at $30,970. Every other Outback was only discounted $1500-$2k off. The only thing unusual about our car is it already had 137 miles on it. After looking at the window sticker it appeared to have been a dealer trade from a dealer roughly 133 miles from the dealer I bought it from according to the start location last entered in the Nav screen.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 3.6L Limited with EyeSight
218 Posts
Why is This Price So CHEAP

Well,.............you can always ask the dealer to raise the price if that'd make you feel better. :rolleyes:

Discount is about right. If you really want the vehicle, get them to through in $500 worth of accessories or free service (i.e. LOF changes).

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,017 Posts
$4200+ off MSRP is at the top end of reported deals. Take it.

·
Premium Member
2017 Limited 2.5i
1,131 Posts
While it's a great deal, it doesn't seem out of line to me. I'm sure there is nothing "wrong with it".

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited. White, Sunroof, 2.5, CVT. Bought 2/15/11. Love it! Broke 109K, 2/20.
449 Posts
Is there any "fine print" that mentions "Demo" or "Dealer Car"? That makes it a "used" car and depending on the mileage, it may or may not seem as good a deal to you. HOwever, if the car is brand new zero miles, then I say jump on it. We paid more than that for an '11 back in February of '11 for one similarly equipped.

·
Registered
2013 Outback Limited 2.5i
112 Posts
thats a good deal , as good if not better than the deal on my ride.
I think my 2.5 limited msrp was 34K-ish and it was talked down to 29k-ish.

car had 7 miles on odo.

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5 Premium - Former: Golf TDI
454 Posts
Keep in mind that production of all 2013's has already ended; certain dealers with HUGE stocks of OB's (like mine) are already discounting big time in order to pave way for their orders of 2014's. But that's just my guess...

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5 i Premium
474 Posts
Great deal. It's possible that's it's been in their inventory for awhile. Check the mileage.

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,529 Posts
Big Papa:

Is this a brand new (first owner) car?
What is the mileage on it - or are you just surfing the Web?
If it's not new, get the VIN and run the CarFax....

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Seems typical for my area where two Subaru dealers are competing. I bought my 3.6R with SAP for not much more than that.

I love that they call it "station wagon"....I thought that term was an automotive taboo in the USA where everyone visualizes the Family Truckster when they hear it! Probably why they can't sell it!

·
Registered
2011 OB 2.5i Prem CVT HK/AWP, Ruby Red Pearl
3,322 Posts
Of which it is, by vin class… Body Style: Wagon 4-Dr. And better yet, for lower insurance.

·
Registered
2013 2.5 Limited Pearl White SAP
63 Posts
I was given a similar price through an internet inquiry from a dealer for a 2.5 SAP that was due to arrive April 22nd so not even in inventory yet.

Perhaps SOA is selling the 2013 at a price way below invoice to move the 2013 before the 2014 arrive. Not the first time it would happen.

·
Registered
2013 Legacy Lim CVT Car: 2011 OB Prem 6MT Car: 2006 Miata GT 6MT mc: 2003 Honda GL1800A * Reunite Gondwanaland *
3,567 Posts
I love that they call it "station wagon"....I thought that term was an automotive taboo
in the USA where everyone visualizes the Family Truckster when they hear it!
Needs a new grille and a few headlights, but bradze could prolly fix that in a hurry...

...directly from his parts bin,

Looby

Attachments

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Of which it is, by vin class… Body Style: Wagon 4-Dr. And better yet, for lower insurance.
Hey my favorite cars are wagons and hatchbacks. Not sure why Americans hate both with a passion. I find no vehicle more useless than a 4-door sedan w/ a trunk.

·
Registered
2011 OB 2.5i Prem CVT HK/AWP, Ruby Red Pearl
3,322 Posts
Hey my favorite cars are wagons and hatchbacks. Not sure why Americans hate both with a passion.
There’s only so much you can say with ‘efficiency’ and ‘Americans’ in the same sentence.

·
Registered
2004 Outback Wagon, 2.5, 4EAT, All weather package.
1,040 Posts
Hey my favorite cars are wagons and hatchbacks. Not sure why Americans hate both with a passion. I find no vehicle more useless than a 4-door sedan w/ a trunk.
I find lots of cars more useless than a 4 door sedan with a trunk. For example, gigantic SUVs.

Even SUVs are generally classified as station wagons for insurance reasons, the same for large vans. While these vehicles have more in common with trucks than cars, trucks are far more expensive to insure and register.

And personally, I love wagons. I'm thoroughly disappointed by the lack of wagons on our market, and the fact that they won't sell the Legacy wagon here.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts