Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a 2017 Outback and lately, when I shut the car off and open the door I get the dinging chime like the car thinks it's still running. Occasionally when I turn the engine off the rear hatch will open with no input from me. It only opens a couple of inches. Wondering if disconnecting the battery and reconnect will reset the computer and solve these problems or is a trip to the stealership in order. Wondering if anyone else has seen these issues?

·
Registered
20 Outback Premium; former 19 Outback Premium, 85 GL Wagon, 87 GL-10 Wagon
2,586 Posts
Got a 2017 Outback and lately, when I shut the car off and open the door I get the dinging chime like the car thinks it's still running. Occasionally when I turn the engine off the rear hatch will open with no input from me. It only opens a couple of inches. Wondering if disconnecting the battery and reconnect will reset the computer and solve these problems or is a trip to the stealership in order. Wondering if anyone else has seen these issues?
Battery disconnect might help. Might also want to try exercising all the door and dash switches as it sounds like you might have an intermittent contact somewhere.

·
Registered
2017 3.6R Limited with Eye Sight
767 Posts
Got a 2017 Outback and lately, when I shut the car off and open the door I get the dinging chime like the car thinks it's still running.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts